ADVERTISEMENT

Diaz Graham Twins Development

Feb 24, 2023
What are your expectations for the Diaz Graham twins this year?

For those that follow closely, have you noticed any improvements with their game since last year? What about their size?

The official roster had Guillermo listed at 205 and Jorge at 190 last year. This year they’re listed at 220 and 210.

Reactions: VincePITT
What I expect and what I want are different things. I think as long as they play with passion and excitement, it will be a welcome change from the overall team attitude and chemistry from Capel's first few years. I think the biggest thing is that they don't regress. If they can build on last year, it will bode well. I don't expect 1st team play, but we will need some made 3s, blocks, rebounds, etc.

Reactions: jctrack
That's OK, but I would rather see some back to the basket offensive improvement or a power dribble create space power up dunk. We know they can create some mismatches with their guard like skills but.....
That’s the offense we run, though. We don’t run an offense that has a bunch of back-to-basket looks for our 5 men like Hugley did two years ago. G is just not going to be asked to do those sorts of things, nor is Fede.

Reactions: cabe23 and Ski11585
Was that against Jeffress? Isn't he supposed to be top defender on team.
It was, but switching effectively to end up with a matchup where a 7’0 guy with long arms is matched up against a 6’7 forward in an area close to the basket is a battle that the seven footer’s gonna win most of the time. You can see Fede take a little swipe as G cut to the basket, so they got the switch they wanted.

Reactions: Fsgolfdr
That’s the offense we run, though. We don’t run an offense that has a bunch of back-to-basket looks for our 5 men like Hugley did two years ago. G is just not going to be asked to do those sorts of things, nor is Fede.
Pitt's point guard did that every game last year

For sure. Interesting hook shot. If he can make that consistently it’s unstoppable. Can’t remember last player to shoot a running hook much in a game
Happy Tonight Show GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Reactions: RoguePanther
What are your expectations for the Diaz Graham twins this year?

For those that follow closely, have you noticed any improvements with their game since last year? What about their size?

The official roster had Guillermo listed at 205 and Jorge at 190 last year. This year they’re listed at 220 and 210.
They played better as the season went on and I'm looking for more points and better shooting percentages from both of them! G shot 44.7% and Jorge shot 32.9%, but did shoot 35.3% from the 3pt line!

Was that against Jeffress? Isn't he supposed to be top defender on team.
Jeffries stepped up to help about Hinson got beat on a close out! He may have been a little late, but Hinson’s close out was bad…

Jeffries stepped up to help about Hinson got beat on a close out! He may have been a little late, but Hinson’s close out was bad…
His close out was perfectly fine. It was his initial first step off the dribble that was completely wide open that was bad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT