ADVERTISEMENT

Dinner & a beer with any 3 Pitt athletes or coaches, past or present, who would you pick?

cbpitt2

Freshman
Sep 12, 2011
I started out asking just one, but I had to up it to three. If you were to have dinner with/have a beer with any three Pitt athletes or coaches or athletic dept. officials, past or present, alive or deceased, who would you pick?

For me: Wanny, Johnny Majors and Beano Cook. I bet there’d be some great stories. I think Siragusa would be a blast too.

I started out asking just one, but I had to up it to three. If you were to have dinner with/have a beer with any three Pitt athletes or coaches or athletic dept. officials, past or present, alive or deceased, who would you pick?

For me: Wanny, Johnny Majors and Beano Cook. I bet there’d be some great stories. I think Siragusa would be a blast too.

Ditka

Johnny Majors

Dave Wannstedt

I would not want to have to pick up the tab.

Reactions: freddietee511
Beano Cook
Jock Sutherland and Pop Warner together
Curtis Martin

Rodger Kingdom, Sam Clancy and Ditka. Variety is the spice of life.

Bill Fralic - PH hero, sadly gone. One last dinner at Villa Mosconi in Manhattan
TD - Greatest Panther ever
Sutherland - Greatest coach in Pitt history.

Reactions: Panther_in_Kentucky
If I were younger and single, then the 3 hottest female athletes we ever had.

Now that I’m married with kids, I will go with Sherrill, Majors, and Sutherland (if we are allowed to choose anyone alive or dead).

Beano....

that would be all I need.

But if 2 more were coming one would be Billy Hillgrove and the other probably Ditka.

Goose, Ironhead, and Beano. All in their primes. No way you don't have a good time and end up with Beano talking a cop out of arresting all of you.
I picked Ironhead as well but I'd prefer him a little AFTER his Pitt prime. Because frankly he was a bit out of control at that time.

None. They’re just athletes. Some of us were too. But maybe Beano because he was such a personality. Other than that, can I say Dick Groat even though he was a Dookie?

Jebus I embarrassingly never even thought of hoops. Imagine gathering Dixon, Barnes and Stallings...
91688686-the-man-screams-in-horror-isolated-on-white-background.jpg

Wanny, Majors, Beano....and for good measure, EJ Borghetti and Hillgrove.

All that I’d do is to sit back, keep my mouth shut, and listen to the stories.....:)

I can't figure out which way to go. 3 ways. Interesting People. Great Storytellers. Highly Accomplished people.

1) Most interesting? Larry Fitzgerald, Yogi Roth, Curtis Martin.

2) Storytellers? Beano, Wanny, Hillgrove

3) Accomplished/Success? Fitz, Marino, Fralic

Reactions: DORT
At one of those All You Can Eat buffets, I would love to go with
Goose, Jeff Otah, Sam Clancy. I cannot imagine the damage they could do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT