ADVERTISEMENT

DiNucci lighting it up

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
800 yards, 75% completion, 9 TD, 2 INTs on what is most likely a better team than the one he left. May win a NC. Hoa favorite target, WE Riley Stapleton (Indiana,PA) would start for us without a doubt. That's another missed evaluation for our staff.

Reactions: FreshCut
800 yards, 75% completion, 9 TD, 2 INTs on what is most likely a better team than the one he left. May win a NC. Hoa favorite target, WE Riley Stapleton (Indiana,PA) would start for us without a doubt. That's another missed evaluation for our staff.
I like Ben but he sucked when he was here and rather than fight for his job chose to turtle and move on. He's a good kid and nice he's having success one level down.

How can this be? Our genius HC knew Dinucci sucked and had to insert superstar Max Browne into the mix. Dope.

HCPN is worse at evaluating talent than Wanny. All you Narduzzi fan boys disagree? Two words for you: Dennis Briggs.

PS: .JMU is coached by Matt Houston. Go hire him.

Reactions: PittPanthers90
lolno

Stapleton, not Dinucci. Dinucci is a lower G5/FCS QB. Stapleton is an ACC-level WR

I like Ben but he sucked when he was here and rather than fight for his job chose to turtle and move on. He's a good kid and nice he's having success one level down.
Calling BS: DiNucci knew Genius didn't want him. It wasn't a fair competition just like training camp and Max Browne.

Reactions: PittPanthers90
As a Pitt fan, frankly you have to say "this is unfortunate."

This goes back to Foster threads and the self proclaimed humanitarians appalled by anyone "hoping" for misfortune for someone who spurned or otherwise left Pitt. Obviously I'm one of those deplorables because I'm commenting defensively to it.

But this is another example. I'm very happy personally for the individual for doing well, let's make no mistake. I'd like to buy the world a Coke and hold hands in a meadow as much as anyone.

But it's an unfortunate thing for Pitt's perception whenever such guys walk away and then have success, or what appears like it anyway, be it blowing off Pitt for a blue blood and making it to the NFL (ok, to the Bills, anyway). Or (to a lesser extent, since it's a lower level) this situation.

It is hardly our worst problem, we have many and they are great. It just helps cement the impression that apparently predominates this region with recruits and High school coaches right now, that our program is garbage. I mean, even if a lower level of comp, those are really nice numbers, yet the guy was smegma for us.

Great for Da Nooch; another body blow for us.

I get your logic with this post and as a local kid I'm glad he is doing well but in all honesty he isn't playing against top 10 fbs teams like Pickett is so I doubt he would be doing any better than Kenny is here. Just my honest opinion.

Pitt beat out a great amount of competition for this QB, one Ivy League school, Penn Quakers.

He is probably the worst Pitt Qb I ever saw. And that is saying alot.

The kid had no arm, no football awareness, and was consistently bad.

We've had a tendency to miss on QB's. Not saying DiNucci was or wasn't a miss. But Pickett hasn't shown much yet. Sunseri, Stull. Then going back, we had a QB on the team named...wait, I think his name was Flacco or something like that.

The only reason I disagree is because there is one guy who going back to the earliest days of pitt football until now, is still by far the worst, maybe the worst qb to ever put on a D1 uniform.... trey Anderson.

Reactions: Jpripper88
Here's his future. Throwing pizzas at DiNucci's Restaurant not footballs in the
NFL.
1f0fca_f36834a5080b4b5f9bdac4feb51e6883.png

Mrs Buffett and I saw a girl on the beach the past weekend who was throwing 30 - 40 yard bullets to her boyfriend. DiNucci had trouble with those.
I think it was a girl?

Busy place??? The food must be good??

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

His sister was a pleasure to look at in the stands however. And for that, I am sad Ben is no longer at Pitt.

Theres lots of things to criticize Duzz about but criticizing him for cutting lose Dinucci and not recruiting a kid who everyone else in the country passed on and is just now playing is flat out dumb.

DiNucci sucked when he played. It can be argued that was Watson’s fault but DiNucci didn’t do himself any favors.

I can buy this. I feel Ben could have performed a lot better than he did if they rolled him out more. With that said he did play poorly in the role he was in. Yet the savior Kenny Football isn't doing much either.

Reactions: Jakey_John
Did you forget Max Brown? At least Ben made a few plays in his time here. Brown did nothing.
Who cares about Max Brown.
He was one of the worst QB's I watched.
Why not bring up Tino.
We're not trying to recruit the best of the worst, we want the best of the best so Brown shouldn't be on the yardstick or in any converstation regarding performance standards for QB's.

Go PITT & CSU Rams!

The only reason I disagree is because there is one guy who going back to the earliest days of pitt football until now, is still by far the worst, maybe the worst qb to ever put on a D1 uniform.... trey Anderson.
Correct. Trey Anderson was much, much worse than Ben DiNucci and Ben DiNucci had no business being on a P5 roster.

Trey Anderson was given an absolute gift by Todd Graham, but congrats to the kid on making the most of it. He got a degree from Pitt, instead of going to Tyler Junior College, and then (presumably) got a graduate degree from FIU. All of it paid for via football. I'm sure he worked his tail off and seemed to be a great kid. It is unfortunate it was our team that gave the charity, but good for him. I'm not sure anyone in the last 20 years has gotten more (P5 scholarship years and a degree from a really good school) out of so little talent, with the other options being abysmal.

Reactions: h2p_5150 and Pittx9
Here's his future. Throwing pizzas at DiNucci's Restaurant not footballs in the
NFL.
1f0fca_f36834a5080b4b5f9bdac4feb51e6883.png

Mrs Buffett and I saw a girl on the beach the past weekend who was throwing 30 - 40 yard bullets to her boyfriend. DiNucci had trouble with those.
I think it was a girl?

Busy place??? The food must be good??

Go PITT & CSU Rams!
Something wrong with throwing pizza's?

I can buy this. I feel Ben could have performed a lot better than he did if they rolled him out more. With that said he did play poorly in the role he was in. Yet the savior Kenny Football isn't doing much either.

Kenny will most likely get better despite Watson. I’m with you. I do not actively root against DiNucci. He did Pitt a favor when the QB spot was thin. He could have told Duzz thanks but no thanks. That’s what I’ll remember him for.

Reactions: Mikefln and cpc247
Correct. Trey Anderson was much, much worse than Ben DiNucci and Ben DiNucci had no business being on a P5 roster.

Trey Anderson was given an absolute gift by Todd Graham, but congrats to the kid on making the most of it. He got a degree from Pitt, instead of going to Tyler Junior College, and then (presumably) got a graduate degree from FIU. All of it paid for via football. I'm sure he worked his tail off and seemed to be a great kid. It is unfortunate it was our team that gave the charity, but good for him. I'm not sure anyone in the last 20 years has gotten more (P5 scholarship years and a degree from a really good school) out of so little talent, with the other options being abysmal.

Trey Anderson, Kevan Smith, and Pat Bostick were worse than Dinucci and I really think Tino was also.

We've had a tendency to miss on QB's. Not saying DiNucci was or wasn't a miss. But Pickett hasn't shown much yet. Sunseri, Stull. Then going back, we had a QB on the team named...wait, I think his name was Flacco or something like that.
DiNucci was a Hail Mary. He had an offer from Penn. He happened to be a good kid from a local school and he had great HS success despite his unorthodox mechanics/release.

The Flacco thing is horseshit. He was raw and not ready. His competition was a guy named Tyler Palko who also played in the NFL, was a year older and much more prepared to try to win games.

The stupidest red herring thrown out here on a fairly regular basis.

Trey Anderson, Kevan Smith, and Pat Bostick were worse than Dinucci and I really think Tino was also.
Kevan Smith? You could make that argument. I wouldn't agree, because his skill set was leaps and bounds better, but you could. Not true on Bostick.

Absolutely no chance on Sunseri. Sunseri, legitimately, had a very solid SR year. He wasn't a gamebreaker, but he was a top 30 FBS QB his SR year. He was top 10 in AYA. You can at least have the discussion on those other 3, but bringing Sunseri up you lose every ounce of credibility.

DiNucci was unbelievably overmatched.

Reactions: LeftCoastPanther
Tino certainly was as bad as it gets when it got down to crunch time, he literally curled up into a ball and fell over every single time. But he had some good games as a junior in the spread offense and had a pretty good statistical year as a senior under chryst. Not saying he was “good” by any means, but dinucci never could’ve done that at the FBS level.

Trey was hands down the worst ever, Smith was a great baseball player who tried unsuccessfully to play qb (certainly up there amongst pitt’s worst). Bostick is definitely the strangest case of anyone mentioned. He was a big time recuit, certainly no slouch coming out of HS. He had that windup though that absolutely killed him in college, maybe he develops into a better qb if he finished out his career but that seriously hampered him from ever becoming good enough to legitimately be the starter on a good team.

Again the point is not to denigrate DiNucci or compare him to others. He was what he was for us. I appreciate his efforts. The point, lament rather, is that he ended up not just doing well but apparently world-class good, regardless of level. That's because as junk as he may have been on his own accord here, the preferred answer in Pgh, esp among the high school heroes in the region and local media pushing recruits elsewhere, is that "Pitt failed him."

Last edited:
Again the point is not to denigrate DiNucci or compare him to others. He was what he was for us. The point, lament rather, is that he ended up not just doing well but apparently world-class good, regardless of level. That's because as junk as he may have been on his own accord here, the preferred answer here, esp among the high school heroes here, is that Pitt failed him.
I think a few PR residents might have blamed pitt but outside of friends, family and Pine richland residents, I cant imagine anyone thinking that pitt failed him..

Im glad he left and glad it's working out for him. not many people can compete and produce at that level of football, it's still very impressive..

Get a grip.

DiNucci was not an FBS QB and he still isn't an FBS QB. I'm glad that he's succeeding at a level that fits his skill set more than while at Pitt.

Reactions: Mikefln
Who cares about Max Brown.
He was one of the worst QB's I watched.
Why not bring up Tino.
We're not trying to recruit the best of the worst, we want the best of the best so Brown shouldn't be on the yardstick or in any converstation regarding performance standards for QB's.

Go PITT & CSU Rams!

I know being an ass, is kind of your stick, but the argument was "if Denucci was the worst QB at Pitt?"

I shared no. I nominated Max Brown and you can argue Kevin Smith and John Ryan also.

I was not suggesting recruiting others like Ben. He is a good kid and wish him the best. But I want the next Marino.

Reactions: CCvNYC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT