ADVERTISEMENT

Diontae Johnson Quitting on Play

Something odd here. He rehabbed his ass off and said all the right things when interviewed. Chemistry wasn’t my strength in school but somethin’ doesn’t add up. Perhaps he’s chemically imbalanced and not the lockerroom. Sense of direction is always assbackwards on those flanker screens. Lol.

Someone should put together a DJ lowlight reel. It would be amazing. A half hour straight of dropped passes, wrong routes, running backwards after catches, sulking about not getting thrown to, fumbles, missed blocks and dogging it. He's the worst player I've ever seen.

I think there's a chance something might come out from his effort.

Lots of talk locally and if the national outlets start talking about it tonight and tomorrow, Tomlin could be forced to address it.

Diontae is massively overrated. He's ok, not great. Not even very good.

Dead cap hit of only $5 million next year (a contract year). He's a sneaky candidate to get moved with his recent attitude problems.
If they cut him tomorrow, I would not be surprised. What he did on the Warren fumble play is that unacceptable. He is a fifth year guy, not a rookie. And he is causing more issues than actually making plays right now.

If they cut him tomorrow, I would not be surprised. What he did on the Warren fumble play is that unacceptable. He is a fifth year guy, not a rookie. And he is causing more issues than actually making plays right now.
Would be fantastic if they could pull off an other claypool type trade. They need to move him and Pickens before next season.

Reactions: TheChair
Would be fantastic if they could pull off an other claypool type trade. They need to move him and Pickens before next season.
Has the trade deadline passed? I feel like it has.

Nonetheless, I personally would part with both but can see how they would want to stick it out with Pickens as he is a giant talent and still only 22. Not sure what they could get for him on the open market but would guess at least a 2nd round pick from everyone else and a 1st from the Raiders.

With Johnson, the best case is that they trade him after the year for like a 3rd or 4th. But it may be in their best interest to part before that point as he clearly is an issue that affects them right now.

Pickett should tell him “you can run your routes, but I’m not going to target you.”

Wasn’t this just after he dropped a TD pass? One of about 5 TDs Kenny’s teammates have dropped this year.

Kenny’s receivers are part of the overall offensive woes.

Reactions: JRPITT
I watched the game and did not see this. What is the deal with WRs? Bunch of prima donnas!
they are prima Donna's because the rules changed to favor them GREATPY and now they ALL put up Jerry Rice numbers. They do this with 1/10th of Rice's ability or work ethic, yet they think they are the greatest.

Reality is they are average and are a dime a dozen (there are exceptions like Fitz/Calvin J/ etc) as most are pedestrian. They just benefit from the modern interpretation of rules that does not allow the defense to play defense. If these clowns played in 80s/90s most would be lucky to get 25 catches a year instead of 80.

If I was a GM I would pay premium for QBs and Linemen only on O. Unless you have true Superstar Talent my WRs and RBs would always be playing on their rookie contracts or favorable terms.

Reactions: WillyDavis33
Actually that video is misleading. He wasn’t the only player who thought Warren was down, luckily one Steeler didn’t and prevented a touchdown.

He didn’t block anyone but he wasn’t even part of the play if I recall. I don’t like the guy but he has done far worse than this

Actually that video is misleading. He wasn’t the only player who thought Warren was down, luckily one Steeler didn’t and prevented a touchdown.

He didn’t block anyone but he wasn’t even part of the play if I recall. I don’t like the guy but he has done far worse than this
If you are on the field, you are part of the play. It was inexcusable what he did on that play from not even trying to block, seeing the ball pop out and just walking like nothing happened.

Blocking as a WR is like running out a ground ball in baseball, you have to put in the effort because you never know when the play will bounce at you. He is a fifth year pro, he should understand that by now. Most HS WRs understand it.

I cannot recall him having a more horrendous play. He drops passes, a lot of them, but this was inexplicable really.

What is misleading? He didn’t do anything from the very beginning of the play.

When did DJ get to be so good that he can soil his diaper like he is and the team should just hold their nose?

In fairness to him, that was a TD. That "drop" was on Tomlin. He challenges the stupidest things, but not that?
I was shocked to find out Tomlin doesn’t have a guy in the booth for challenges. Tomlin uses his gut feel to challenge calls.

Reactions: Mikefln
If you are on the field, you are part of the play. It was inexcusable what he did on that play from not even trying to block, seeing the ball pop out and just walking like nothing happened.

Blocking as a WR is like running out a ground ball in baseball, you have to put in the effort because you never know when the play will bounce at you. He is a fifth year pro, he should understand that by now. Most HS WRs understand it.

I cannot recall him having a more horrendous play. He drops passes, a lot of them, but this was inexplicable really.
Maybe that’s another reason why the Steeler passing game has been a joke. If he’s not the primary receiver how many times does he just go through the motions on the play. Hard to hit secondary targets when they are loading. Good news is he’s counseling Pickens

Reactions: TheChair
Maybe that’s another reason why the Steeler passing game has been a joke. If he’s not the primary receiver how many times does he just go through the motions on the play. Hard to hit secondary targets when they are loading. Good news is he’s counseling Pickens
Remember that they used to have Claypool too, who gave up more on routes than anyone I have ever seen.

Pickett has his own set of issues but with that OC, these WRs and how his OL blocked much of last year, I find it really hard to truly evaluate him other than saying he has some moxie at the end of games.

Given how they attacked improving the OL this offseason, I would guess that they will get some more help on the outside this offseason and probably more line help.

I was shocked to find out Tomlin doesn’t have a guy in the booth for challenges. Tomlin uses his gut feel to challenge calls.
This is the same guy who went for 2 all of the time for a while because he felt other teams wouldn’t stop him.

Someone told me that apparently Tomlin/Steelers are the only team in the NFL that does not have a person dedicated and sole responsibility is checking plays to either review or leave be. The only one!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT