ADVERTISEMENT

Diontae Johnson

Jun 3, 2023

No wonder there are fights in the locker room! Diontae Johnson has some balls calling out the defense. I feel a mutiny coming if they continue to lose.

No wonder there are fights in the locker room! Diontae Johnson has some balls calling out the defense. I feel a mutiny coming if they continue to lose.
The defense was pathetic though

All this team’s issues are because the offense can’t do anything and it’s why they’ve basically given up. The defense basically has to play a perfect game for the Steelers to even compete each week.

Reactions: W1np1tt
Here is what i find interesting....

I have brought up Georgia...and how NONE of their players showboat......take stupid penalties for taunting.....

Including Pickens.

And yet, look at his behavior here.

I cant help but think that if Tomlin were less of a "players coach" and maybe a bit more "the boss", then these guys wouldnt be the sh$t show this has become.

He didn't lie. They were leaking players and the offense did need to step up but they couldn't. The defense has been getting
gashed all year. They are feast or famine: no in between. Is he throwing stones while living in a glass house? YES, but he wasn't wrong. The defense is being paid $121.3 million a year which is third highest in the league yet they rank 21st in the league giving up a whopping average of 344.8 yards per game. Yeah we have seen them make some amazing plays here and there at the beginning of the year but they have been "leaking" all year. The difference is they were largely able to keep teams out of the end zone towards the beginning of the year, but all that bend don't break crap is catching up. Our yinzers brotheren have just been in denial because it seemed the only bright spot on an otherwise dull team. I'm not letting Johnson off the hook though. He has AB antics with Limas Sweed talent. They should have never given Dropson a contract now he seems so ungrateful. Should have been cut on his rookie deal.

I have brought up Georgia...and how NONE of their players showboat......take stupid penalties for taunting.....

Including Pickens.

I cant help but think that if Tomlin were less of a "players coach" and maybe a bit more "the boss", then these guys wouldnt be the sh$t show this has become.
Wow....good point. Although college and NFL isn't exactly apples to apples. We don't have 5 5 stars waiting in the wings to take your spot.

Oh, for sure. He’s not wrong. But I’m not sure any offensive player should be criticizing the defense. In order to win games, the defense has to pull out miraculous plays.
It’s incredibly rare for a teammate to point the finger at the other side of the ball. Well at least on teams that are not dysfunctional

It’s incredibly rare for a teammate to point the finger at the other side of the ball. Well at least on teams that are not dysfunctional
Yeah, this isn't cool at all. Especially coming from a guy that isn't exactly putting big numbers up.

Defense's problem isn't a lack of effort. You're down to practices squad guys at a couple positions and some of your best players are out or nowhere close to 100%. Johnson was the guy who couldn't be bothered to chase down a fumble and has just given up on plays so he should probably keep his mouth shut.

Including Pickens.

Except all the predraft reports were all saying he was a possible problem child. The level of quit and complete bitchassness Pickens has shown has been exponentially worse than those reports. Trying to couch his shit as a Tomlin creation is laughable.

I am drawing a blank on this one. Who are you referring to? A Pitt guy?
Auto correct got me

There are tons of examples of Ben blaming players , bj finney , the weather , the fans , and of course the mystery injuries which required no treatment

Auto correct got me

There are tons of examples of Ben blaming players , bj finney , the weather , the fans , and of course the mystery injuries which required no treatment
Ah.... got it. And I agree.

Except all the predraft reports were all saying he was a possible problem child. The level of quit and complete bitchassness Pickens has shown has been exponentially worse than those reports. Trying to couch his shit as a Tomlin creation is laughable.
Did Tomlin put a stop to his nonsense?

The end.

Auto correct got me

Ben was crap in alot of ways, but using Antonio Brown as a credible reference for anything besides his dumpster fire of a life is a stretch.

Ah.... got it. And I agree.
I'm shocked someone pointed this out. People have seemed to develop recently bias and forget this all too true fact....he literally threw everyone under the bus. The fan in PGH use to have a clip of him saying ''You'll have to ask Randy". When asked questions that clearly he could have answered as if Randy (Fichner) made him throw interceptions etc.

Did Tomlin put a stop to his nonsense?

The end.
If you didn't come out the gate with all that Pickens was part of the Geogia choir boys, and that Tomlin turned him into the whatever that he is, I wouldn't have even replied. I get it. People hate Tomlin. I just think its weak af when people to try and blame coaches for asshole players. Its just stupid to me. Why dont coaches get props for the Cam Heywards of the world going hard on gameday, or guys being model citizens or community leaders? Only when bad shit happens the coach is to blame. What about the position coach that the player probably spends more time and has more influence over?

Reactions: sonofabit
If you didn't come out the gate with all that Pickens was part of the Geogia choir boys, and that Tomlin turned him into the whatever that he is, I wouldn't have even replied. I get it. People hate Tomlin. I just think its weak af when people to try and blame coaches for asshole players. Its just stupid to me. Why dont coaches get props for the Cam Heywards of the world going hard on gameday, or guys being model citizens or community leaders? Only when bad shit happens the coach is to blame. What about the position coach that the player probably spends more time and has more influence over?
Wow. Excuse me for getting in you guys debate but I think the entire offensive coaching staff needs flushed. I agreed the receiver coach is not getting through to these guys who both haven't done much of anything in the league. I'm not taking any sides here I just thought the position coaches need mentioned more. I was watching other teams and recognized most of the faces on the sidelines. Lots of former coaches especially former head coaches....not in PGH...

Coaches do have a say in who is drafted.... coaches have a say in playing time.... and coaches can cut his ass.

If Pickens was a one off I think most people wouldn't put that on Tomlin. People are putting this on Tomlin because it is a pattern of behavior on that side of the ball. It's interesting that we don't see it on the other side, although it is much harder to take plays off (I mean completely off) and bitch and moan about not being utilized on defense. I guess we had a washed up linebacker give it a try.

Between AB, Bell, Dionte, and Pickens..... It's a pattern. Add Roethlisberger too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT