ADVERTISEMENT

Dixon Throwing Hail Mary

scottrlynch

Redshirt
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2005
Smith and Maia might work out for PITT but I think we all need to be skeptical based on recent history. This does not mean that I think Dixon is making a big mistake, not sure he has other options, but this does seem like a sense of desperation and maybe he thinks his job is finally be on the line.

To take bring in two players who can play now and only play one year says a few things:
  • Dixon knows he is in trouble next year. If he thought he could make it through, you would bring in a regular transfer who has 2-3 years of eligibility left.
  • There is no else that wants to come to PITT. This is scarier one as it seems like a lot of people are deciding to go elsewhere.
I realize these guys are veterans but even guys like Jeter, Cook, Jermaine Dixon did not have an immediate impact and they had to sit out one year. These guys do not have the luxury of learning the system for one year.

I hope this works out for PITT. I thought that bringing in one graduate transfer might help but now we are at two. It is nice to know the scholarships are available next year and might not be anything to lose but these are very temporary band-aids.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News