ADVERTISEMENT

Do coaches get applauded at press conferences?

Between the pirates beat writer from the trib and the local hacks, it is so evident that pitt is sabotaged by the greater pittsburgh media.

Instead of our coaches getting standing ovations we have calls to "come clean" over the hiring of a basketball coach

I'm sure they had plants in the crowd start it. I remember getting suckered into going to a timeshare presentation. Before they paired us up with our individual sales person, we sat through a group presentation. As they introduced the "president" of the company, the sales people all went nuts applauding for him, which then got everyone applauding because we thought we should out of politeness. That is probably what happened. Wouldn't put it past JimmyFranks to have orchestrated it himself like he did the YouTube visit where he danced into the house to the applause of all the family members.

Definitely not the norm I saw Kubiak press conference yesterday and the media clapped but he was retiring.

Between the pirates beat writer from the trib and the local hacks, it is so evident that pitt is sabotaged by the greater pittsburgh media.

Instead of our coaches getting standing ovations we have calls to "come clean" over the hiring of a basketball coach
You mention the Pirates beat writer from the trib. Are you referring to Biertempfel? I saw some comments online about him being way over the top with some tweets during the PSU game but never saw or heard what the tweets were?

You mention the Pirates beat writer from the trib. Are you referring to Biertempfel? I saw some comments online about him being way over the top with some tweets during the PSU game but never saw or heard what the tweets were?
He was talking trash on Pitt and its fans during the Rose Bowl. Mentioning the 48-14 game, the Pinstripe Bowl, the PS loss to Pitt was meaningless because it was early in the year, etc.

He was talking trash on Pitt and its fans during the Rose Bowl. Mentioning the 48-14 game, the Pinstripe Bowl, the PS loss to Pitt was meaningless because it was early in the year, etc.
Not to change the subject but the 48-14 game, that brings back some bad memories/disappointment. And I unfortunately get reminded of it back then and still currently. Moved to Ohio after graduating Pitt and ended up living in the same school district Todd Blackledge was from and still resides. He's currently the head BB coach of the high school. Brings back too many bad memories every time I see him.

I'm sure they had plants in the crowd start it. I remember getting suckered into going to a timeshare presentation. Before they paired us up with our individual sales person, we sat through a group presentation. As they introduced the "president" of the company, the sales people all went nuts applauding for him, which then got everyone applauding because we thought we should out of politeness. That is probably what happened. Wouldn't put it past JimmyFranks to have orchestrated it himself like he did the YouTube visit where he danced into the house to the applause of all the family members.

Franklin is acting like my 12 year old daughter. If she does something wrong and gets yelled at by me, she cries, which makes my wife tell her it will be all right. So she shifts the issue of her wrongdoing and getting punished to Mom making her feel better.

Franklin choked the game away in the fourth quarter. He had no excuses, the refs made several awful calls in their favor, has no one to blame but himself. Cry and hope people forget what happened.

Franklin is acting like my 12 year old daughter. If she does something wrong and gets yelled at by me, she cries, which makes my wife tell her it will be all right. So she shifts the issue of her wrongdoing and getting punished to Mom making her feel better.

Franklin choked the game away in the fourth quarter. He had no excuses, the refs made several awful calls in their favor, has no one to blame but himself. Cry and hope people forget what happened.

Semi off-topic, but everyone raves about Franklin's sideline demeanor but I think it can have a negative effect too. One moment he is running around like a madman, high-fiving and punching coaches, running on to the field to congratulate players after a big play. The moment things start to head south you see him on the sidelines looking like a deer in the headlights. A coach showing passion and excitement is good but Franklin seems to be almost bipolar in his demeanor.

Semi off-topic, but everyone raves about Franklin's sideline demeanor but I think it can have a negative effect too. One moment he is running around like a madman, high-fiving and punching coaches, running on to the field to congratulate players after a big play. The moment things start to head south you see him on the sidelines looking like a deer in the headlights. A coach showing passion and excitement is good but Franklin seems to be almost bipolar in his demeanor.
I don’t think he’s a great coach at all. He’s a nice coach. To me, and I’ve said this, he’s really a great cheerleader guy. I don’t know what he does. But I don’t think that he’s a great coach at all...

Cook practically gizzed all over himself in talking about UPS. now starkey is jacking off to the same thing. Yep the good old flagship station.

Reactions: Jtommyj
I don’t think he’s a great coach at all. He’s a nice coach. To me, and I’ve said this, he’s really a great cheerleader guy. I don’t know what he does. But I don’t think that he’s a great coach at all...
Come on, you had to have borrowed that line from Terry Bradshaw!!!

Reactions: Jtommyj
Cook practically gizzed all over himself in talking about UPS. now starkey is jacking off to the same thing. Yep the good old flagship station.

Lol I could hardly understand what Cook was saying, his mouth was so full of Franklin's *junk*. Not that I probably missed anything...

Only Nit-leaning, Pittsburgh media can celebrate in spite of a team's loss, after that team blew a big lead, and their QB threw a costly interception - after almost throwing an interception on the prior play. If it would've been Pitt in that same situation, the lead story would've been all about "Pitt's big choke".

Meanwhile, Barkley was having a dream game - literally tearing around and thru the USC defense - but the Nit coaches apparently forgot all about him. Yet no criticism of the play-calling from the media.

Not to change the subject but the 48-14 game, that brings back some bad memories/disappointment. And I unfortunately get reminded of it back then and still currently. Moved to Ohio after graduating Pitt and ended up living in the same school district Todd Blackledge was from and still resides. He's currently the head BB coach of the high school. Brings back too many bad memories every time I see him.
Hoover right? I have a nephew in the Perry district and a niece in the Hoover district. My nephew played baseball against Blackledge. One of the only Nits I can stand.

Only Nit-leaning, Pittsburgh media can celebrate in spite of a team's loss, after that team blew a big lead, and their QB threw a costly interception - after almost throwing an interception on the prior play. If it would've been Pitt in that same situation, the lead story would've been all about "Pitt's big choke".

Meanwhile, Barkley was having a dream game - literally tearing around and thru the USC defense - but the Nit coaches apparently forgot all about him. Yet no criticism of the play-calling from the media.
The Pittsburgh media is so biased towards PS it is disgusting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT