ADVERTISEMENT

Does the Board of Trustees have to approve this hire?

Mar 22, 2016
Since it is a multi-million dollar contract, I would think there needs to be some type of system in place where because all of these red flags coming out with Turner's search firm.. the board would not have to approve the hire, or try to amend the dollar amount-- which would all but ensure the kibosh on the hire.

With all the outreach to Barnes and Gallagher, I'd also suggest outreaching to the BOT-- and sharing how much they will be losing in donations.

Money talking makes bad coaches and AD's walk!

Even if the hire were somehow blocked or reversed no one will take the job now after seeing what Barnes just tried to pull.

The program has been royally screwed for the foreseeable future.

Opportunity lost - in an epic way.

Reactions: WVURobinHood
Even if the hire were somehow blocked or reversed no one will take the job now after seeing what Barbes just tried to pull.

The program has been royally screwed for the foreseeable future.

Opportunity lost - in an epic way.
This was a huge opportunity for PITT basketball.
Not sure but I think we missed the opportunity part and settled.
But I don't have the information on the new guy that a lot of you have!

Since it is a multi-million dollar contract, I would think there needs to be some type of system in place where because all of these red flags coming out with Turner's search firm.. the board would not have to approve the hire, or try to amend the dollar amount-- which would all but ensure the kibosh on the hire.

With all the outreach to Barnes and Gallagher, I'd also suggest outreaching to the BOT-- and sharing how much they will be losing in donations.

No -- the board does not have approve it.

No -- the board does not have approve it.
Gallagher has to approve it, no? Shouldn't he be alarmed seeing the massive push back. This isn't your usual malcontents who are never on board with anything. This is practically an entire fan base who trusted the administration to come up with better than Stallings. And throwing into the mix the possible fallout within the program of the Stalling-Jeter rift Gallagher should be all over the Veto button.

Gallagher has to approve it, no? Shouldn't he be alarmed seeing the massive push back. This isn't your usual malcontents who are never on board with anything. This is practically an entire fan base who trusted the administration to come up with better than Stallings. And throwing into the mix the possible fallout within the program of the Stalling-Jeter rift Gallagher should be all over the Veto button.

I don't know, but I suspect that he would.

Oh yeah, it's common practice for a Board of Trustees to overturn the decision of an AD.

Believe it or not, there have been more outrageous hires at other institutions than Stallings at Pitt. THis isn't the first time a fan base has been in a rage.

absolutely 100% that gallagher has to sign off on this. anyone that thinks otherwise is nuts.

Gallagher isn't going to veto this hire. Barnes is his guy and if a contract offer was extended he already blessed it.

Oh yeah, it's common practice for a Board of Trustees to overturn the decision of an AD.

Believe it or not, there have been more outrageous hires at other institutions than Stallings at Pitt. THis isn't the first time a fan base has been in a rage.

-How many with a 3 way direct tie in with a recruiting firm can you name?

Barnes said on the FAN that PG approves a hiring at this level...

No mention made of BOT

-How many with a 3 way direct tie in with a recruiting firm can you name?

c'mon Stell Curtain. You made a silly claim in another thread that there could be grounds for a law suit here based on the search firm/possible ties to Vandy. Give it a rest already. You really think that will happen?

c'mon Stell Curtain. You made a silly claim in another thread that there could be grounds for a law suit here based on the search firm/possible ties to Vandy. Give it a rest already. You really think that will happen?

-In this day an age with an elite lawyer, is that a joke? You must live out in the farm country. Maybe Johnnie Cochran didn't open up your eyes years ago. How about getting paid millions because the airplane that you road on had to much turbulence or spilling a mcdonalds coffee on your lap? You obviously do not know anyone with power, at all.

-In this day an age with an elite lawyer, is that a joke? You must live out in the farm country. Maybe Johnnie Cochran didn't open up your eyes years ago. How about getting paid millions because the airplane that you road on had to much turbulence or spilling a mcdonalds coffee on your lap? You obviously do not know anyone with power, at all.

OK, so in other words, you think this decision can be overturned or will be overturned?

Stop being silly because it makes you look stupid.

No Pitt fans are happy but to think attorneys will get hired and this will be overturned is just second grade thinking by you.

You've been in 100% denial since last night on the hire. Nobody has been in more panic and the world coming to an end mentality than you when you started off last night telling everyone the reports out about Stallings to Pitt weren't true. Now this crap? C'mon dude.

OK, so in other words, you think this decision can be overturned or will be overturned?

Stop being silly because it makes you look stupid.

No Pitt fans are happy but to think attorneys will get hired and this will be overturned is just second grade thinking by you.

You've been in 100% denial since last night on the hire. Nobody has been in more panic and the world coming to an end mentality than you when you started off last night telling everyone the reports out about Stallings to Pitt weren't true. Now this crap? C'mon dude.

-Did I say it was going to get overturned? No. Could an elite lawyer find unethical justice in terms of what transpired with backdoor business, easily. That's why we go to court and let the lawyers take over

-Did I say it was going to get overturned? No. Could an elite lawyer find unethical justice in terms of what transpired with backdoor business, easily. That's why we go to court and let the lawyers take over

Then get your ass on this board, start a thread, calling for the support of the fan base to pool their money together to hire an elite lawyer. Rent out billboards while youre at it and take out a newspaper ad too. Someone needs to spearhead this--why not you Steel Curtain? You're the only one calling for attorneys and for this to be overturned. Put your money and efforts where your mouth is.

Then get your ass on this board, start a thread, calling for the support of the fan base to pool their money together to hire an elite lawyer. Rent out billboards while youre at it and take o0ut a newspaper ad too. Someone needs to spearhead this--why not you Steel Curtain? Put your money and efforts where your mouth is.

-That's not my job and I also dont have the time, I have a business I have to run. But if I wanted to open a can of worms, Ive got a Top 10 BK chairmen in my backpocket, in the country from Delaware. I could of course perhaps fund a good chunk of it if I chose, but again, do not have the time to be tied up.

-That's not my job and I also dont have the time, I have a business I have to run. But if I wanted to open a can of worms, Ive got a Top 10 BK chairmen in my backpocket, in the country from Delaware. I could of course perhaps fund a good chunk of it if I chose, but again, do not have the time to be tied up.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda. Run your hairbrained idea by your Delaware friend and see if he'll laugh your butt off the planet.

Apparently then Stallings' hire isn't that big of a deal to you to follow through on your silly posts this morning.

Not trying to bust your chops Curtain, but your hostile comments about getting this overturned is nothing but frustration coming from you. Let's use the board to talk realistically and not wild and crazy things. Again, whenever is the last time a Board overturned the hiring of a freaking basketball coach.

Maybe instead invest your $$$$ in hiring a p.i. to see if you can dig up some dirt on Stallings in his past.

If Gallagher is arrogant enough to stick by his man and forfeit thousands or millions in donations/revenue, sure.

You can call it what you like. He literally just hired this guy six months ago. This is how business works. He absolutely signed off on the choice, with far more knowledge of why Pitt ended up there than you or I will ever have, and he will absolutely say he believes in Barnes tomorrow or the next time he's asked.

Saying Barnes isn't good at his job today means that he looks like he's not good at his job since he just hired the guy. But there's no question they are both very much on the hook for this and we'll be able to judge in a few years how they did.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT