ADVERTISEMENT

Does Watson's future hinge on this bowl game against Stanford?

PittPoker

Board of Trustee
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2008
I did a poll on here the other day and it was basically split from people that thought Narduzzi would cut ties with Watson and those that felt he would be retained.

So here's an interesting question. Do you guys(and gals) feel that the outcome of the bowl game is the determining factor now regardless Watson's future at Pitt. I really do. If we lose the game to finish 7-7, with 3 losses in a row to close out the season and don't score a lot of points? How could Narduzzi justify at that point keeping Shawn Watson on his staff?

However let's say we beat Stanford to finish 8-6 and the offense was okay. Nothing great but just okay. Now what? 8 wins, Narduzzi can now justify keeping him. And after thinking about it probably will.

Never obviously want Pitt to lose a game, especially a bowl game but if it means getting rid of a terrible offensive coordinator who imo has hurt Pickett's growth? Hmmm. Of course there is the last scenario that Pitt wins the bowl game and still fires Watson but I just don't see that as likely. Narduzzi is buddies with Watson and is loyal. What do you guys think?

Reactions: daminals76
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News