ADVERTISEMENT

Doug Gottlieb on the telecast says Stallings not going anywhere no matter what happens this season

Love Gottlieb. One of the best in the business.

Stallings will be here next year. So you all best stop complaining about it. Also agree with him that we will be switching colors.

Reactions: AvonBarksdale
Love Gottlieb. One of the best in the business.

Stallings will be here next year. So you all best stop complaining about it. Also agree with him that we will be switching colors.

I agree...I think Gottlieb is pretty good too.

Firing Stallings already wouldn't look good or be good in rebuilding the program...he at least has to be given the chance into next season.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
I have always liked Gottleib. He is smarmy and comes off like a know-it-all, but he is the most informed national commentator on college hoops.

Reactions: freddietee511
He better get the wins now. The schedule gets a bit tougher around the end of December and won't let up for the rest of the year.

He's right. As I have said all along he will get at the very least a third year. I guess you will just have to deal with it and keep posting the same negative stuff every day for a couple more years.
On the plus side, they don't have to strain themselves for new material. They can just keep posting the repetitive negative crap they've been posting since JD bolted.

I have always liked Gottleib. He is smarmy and comes off like a know-it-all, but he is the most informed national commentator on college hoops.
Disagree. That would be Bilas.

I do think Gottlieb is good as well. Just not as good.

He better get the wins now. The schedule gets a bit tougher around the end of December and won't let up for the rest of the year.
Why does he need to get wins ? Does a 7 win season get him a bonus ? He needs to develop his players and find a couple more guys who can come in here and contribute next yr . No coach is coming in here and taking Pitt to the tourament in a couple of yrs unless the Golden Panthers are reinvented .

Reactions: AJSH2P and Fk_Pitt
I think if we didn’t win one ACC game and really never competed he would get fired at the end of year. But I think they are going to win a couple ACC games against other bad conference teams...and maybe even hang in some other games they aren’t expected top against better competition.

But I think they are going to win a couple ACC games against other bad conference teams...and maybe even hang in some other games they aren’t expected top against better competition.
Grambling (1-5) won at Georgia Tech tonight, so...........

Grambling (1-5) won at Georgia Tech tonight, so...........

Georgia Tech was down 16 in the second half and came all the way back to take a three point lead with 43 seconds left. They fouled Grambling as they were trying to inbound the ball and they hit both foul shots to make it 63-62. Georgia Tech turned it over, Grambling missed a three, Grambling fouls Tech with 34 seconds left. Tech misses both foul shots. Grambling misses a layup with 8 seconds left and a couple of Georgia Tech players fight for the rebound. They knock the ball into their own basket. Oops. Georgia Tech misses a shot with a second or two to go, game over.

Imagine this board if that had happened to us.

Georgia Tech was down 16 in the second half and came all the way back to take a three point lead with 43 seconds left. They fouled Grambling as they were trying to inbound the ball and they hit both foul shots to make it 63-62. Georgia Tech turned it over, Grambling missed a three, Grambling fouls Tech with 34 seconds left. Tech misses both foul shots. Grambling misses a layup with 8 seconds left and a couple of Georgia Tech players fight for the rebound. They knock the ball into their own basket. Oops. Georgia Tech misses a shot with a second or two to go, game over.

Imagine this board if that had happened to us.
It would be the same way it is after we win a game.

Why does he need to get wins ? Does a 7 win season get him a bonus ? He needs to develop his players and find a couple more guys who can come in here and contribute next yr . No coach is coming in here and taking Pitt to the tourament in a couple of yrs unless the Golden Panthers are reinvented .

I disagree. A good coach can come into a program and turn it around in two years. We’ve seen it happen.

You can't really believe that.
Yeah, if everything happened just like you said except we didn’t tip that ball into our own basket to lose the game, this board would still be about the same.

You can’t envision the outrage here if we were down by 16 to Grambling and scraped by with a 1-pt win?

Reactions: gary2
I disagree. A good coach can come into a program and turn it around in two years. We’ve seen it happen.

I agree. A good coach can take any program and, with some recruiting, turn it into a winning program in 2 years, 3 years tops. Getting the recruits is the key. And it hoops, it's quite a bit easier than in football since there aren't that many players on the team.

Reactions: Ski11585
i wouldnt say no matter what. I think if the team doesnt show improvement as the season goes on he will be in trouble. Lets hope he is still here bc that means we are getting better!!

Without the full support of the administration and an active booster group this
Won' t happen here . Normally even bad teams have returning talent to use as a foundation pitt has two bench players at any other program leading this team.

I think if we didn’t win one ACC game and really never competed he would get fired at the end of year. But I think they are going to win a couple ACC games against other bad conference teams...and maybe even hang in some other games they aren’t expected top against better competition.

Yup. That OSU game proved they will at least be competitive in some games. Of course they lost that game, so...

You can’t envision the outrage here if we were down by 16 to Grambling and scraped by with a 1-pt win?

Well first of all that isn't what I was talking about.

But secondly, yeah, of course there would be outrage if we were down by 16 to Grambling and managed to come back and pull out a one point win. I mean we all understand that Grambling is one of the worst teams in all of D1, right? And that beating them by one point at home would be a really, really bad result, right? Surely not as bad a losing to them by one, but beating them by one point would be a really, really bad sign for the future.

When we saw it happen we also wanted him out of here that first year and a half. After we were invited to the NIT, it stopped. The excitement was over the top because we were going to the NIT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT