ADVERTISEMENT

Duke vs VT

Cutcliffe is an ass. Don't let his aw shucks demeanor fool you.
Since you’re the only person I’ve ever heard say that about Cutcliffe, I’d like to hear the evidence you rely on to back that up.

The guy bought a lot of rope from most of us when he sent James Conner the letter after his cancer diagnosis. That was total class and humanity.

75% of their fans are aholes. I'm happy to see this.

Bud Foster was talked into staying an extra year because of the failures of last year; I'm glad he's going out a loser too.
75%. Wow, that’s getting close to OSU fan ahole level. I can assure you VT fans are fairly good fans. 75% is too high.
Foster won’t be the only coach leaving.

75%. Wow, that’s getting close to OSU fan ahole level. I can assure you VT fans are fairly good fans. 75% is too high.
Foster won’t be the only coach leaving.
I lived in Roanoke two times. My experience may be different than most, but I worked with former players and high level boosters.

Cutcliffe is an ass. Don't let his aw shucks demeanor fool you.
Cutliffe could coach rings around Slippin' Jimmy. As a bonus, he has not obstructed any rape investigations (unlike Milk Dud). Any substantiation of your allegations against Cutliffe would be greatly appreciated.

I lived in Roanoke two times. My experience may be different than most, but I worked with former players and high level boosters.
Lived in Blacksburg over 15 years. Now have two kids at VT, one in grad one undergrad. I also worked at VT a long time. I can tell you, all of my colleagues and neighbors were all great fans. There are always bad fans out there. But VT fans have always been welcoming to visiting fans, and travel well. I think they have come to the understanding that a NC is never going to happen.
And they definitely miss Beamer of 10 years plus ago.

Since you’re the only person I’ve ever heard say that about Cutcliffe, I’d like to hear the evidence you rely on to back that up.

The guy bought a lot of rope from most of us when he sent James Conner the letter after his cancer diagnosis. That was total class and humanity.

I think calling out opposing players is a little beneath most coaches. He once called Champ Bailey "Chump Bailey" to the press after a game.

He bolted UT before their national championship when he took the Ole Miss job.

Later, after being fired by Ole Miss, and being out of the game supposedly due to "health issues" - he becomes a regular guest on Knoxville area radio shows, where he is very critical of UT OC Randy Sanders, once his protoge. In late October, when Sanders is fired, Cutcliffe announces THE VERY NEXT DAY he has a "clean bill of health" to coach again. And once he's back as UT's OC, he constantly blabs to the press that he wasn't going to hang around long as OC, that he would be a head coach in a year or two. Which is fine, but as much as he beat that into the ground, it coudn't have helped recruiting. Regardless, Tennessee's recruiting tanked, probably due to not being able to compete with the new SEC landscape, but his remarks couldn't have helped.

but Franklin isn't? Curious as well to hear your criteria that rates Jimmy below Cutcliff on the "ass" meter

Who said I thought Jimmy was below Cutcliffe on the ass meter?
Cutliffe could coach rings around Slippin' Jimmy. As a bonus, he has not obstructed any rape investigations (unlike Milk Dud). Any substantiation of your allegations against Cutliffe would be greatly appreciated.

I'll take Milk Dud's record over Droopy Dog's any day. BTW, who says he obstructed a rape investigation? You?

FWIW, I think they are both fine human beings and good people. But if you think Cut is above running the score up on someone, or taking verbal shots, think again. Ya know, its not necessarily a bad thing to have a guy others consider an ass as your head coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT