ADVERTISEMENT

Duquesne's Eric Williams is gonzo

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Transferring up it would seem. Bad break for the Dukes. I wonder if Capel & Co. would reconsider the City Game now. Being that Pitt makes no money off of cupcake home games, I really believe the decision for the 1 year hiatus was due to the fact that Duquesne, in theory, could have beaten us next year, and Capel wants to stack enough wins early on to potentially get to the NIT to show progress.

They are also losing 2-3 other bench players to transfer.

Transferring up it would seem. Bad break for the Dukes. I wonder if Capel & Co. would reconsider the City Game now. Being that Pitt makes no money off of cupcake home games, I really believe the decision for the 1 year hiatus was due to the fact that Duquesne, in theory, could have beaten us next year, and Capel wants to stack enough wins early on to potentially get to the NIT to show progress.

What color is the sky in your world? :rolleyes:

Reconsider because one guy left Duquesne?

Duquesne no matter their coach, continues to alienate and lose their best players. Way too much turnover.

OMG. We couldn't play the City Game because Eric Williams was on the Duquesne roster. But now we can. Doesn't Capel plan on putting a team on the floor that can beat Duquesne?

OMG. We couldn't play the City Game because Eric Williams was on the Duquesne roster. But now we can. Doesn't Capel plan on putting a team on the floor that can beat Duquesne?

Of course but Duquesne is very well-coached and with Williams and that big guy, they were capable of beating us. He could not run that risk. We play FSU, WVU, Big Ten, 2 out of 3 or KSU, NW, and Bradley all before Christmas, not too mention a "ya never know" road game at RMU. We couldn't risk an L to Duquesne. Now there's virtually no chance of that

Since 1982, Duquesne had beaten Pitt 4 times.

1982 and 4.

Of course but Duquesne is very well-coached and with Williams and that big guy, they were capable of beating us. He could not run that risk. We play FSU, WVU, Big Ten, 2 out of 3 or KSU, NW, and Bradley all before Christmas, not too mention a "ya never know" road game at RMU. We couldn't risk an L to Duquesne. Now there's virtually no chance of that

If they can’t beat RMU there are some deep issues. RMU is a middle of the pack type NEC team, under no circumstances should that be a “ya never know” game. If that game is in question then so is basically every single game on the schedule.

You’re way, way overthinking the Duquesne scheduling. Do you really think the coaching staff analyzes which teams are losing which players in the off-season that closely when it comes to deciding whether to play them or not?

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Do you really think the coaching staff analyzes which teams are losing which players in the off-season that closely when it comes to deciding whether to play them or not?

100% yes.

The Duquesne game is not happening for 1 reason and 1 reason only. Pitt's pre-Christmas schedule is too difficult and they didn't want to risk a loss. I am sorry but it is true. We may very well be picked 15th again next season and on paper, should still not be very good. With Williams, we are maybe a 5-6 point favorite over Duquesne. With it being their Super Bowl, it's a possible loss. Capel wants some easy Ws and I dont blame him. The whole "the scheduling didnt work out because of Florida State and RMU" is just not entirely factual. If Pitt wanted to play it, it would be played. That said, I dont care all that much about playing Duquesne

100% yes.

The Duquesne game is not happening for 1 reason and 1 reason only. Pitt's pre-Christmas schedule is too difficult and they didn't want to risk a loss. I am sorry but it is true. We may very well be picked 15th again next season and on paper, should still not be very good. With Williams, we are maybe a 5-6 point favorite over Duquesne. With it being their Super Bowl, it's a possible loss. Capel wants some easy Ws and I dont blame him. The whole "the scheduling didnt work out because of Florida State and RMU" is just not entirely factual. If Pitt wanted to play it, it would be played. That said, I dont care all that much about playing Duquesne
It's purely a matter of logistics with Duquesne's new arena. No way Capel is ducking Duquesne. No chance in hell.

Speaking about kids transferring up, does Robert Morris have anyone in the portal this year? They've been murdered by transfers lately.

Speaking about kids transferring up, does Robert Morris have anyone in the portal this year? They've been murdered by transfers lately.

So far no transfers for RMU.

Right now they have 1 too many for the roster next year so someone must be on the way out (hopefully player who hardly got any playing time).

If they can’t beat RMU there are some deep issues. RMU is a middle of the pack type NEC team, under no circumstances should that be a “ya never know” game. If that game is in question then so is basically every single game on the schedule.

You’re way, way overthinking the Duquesne scheduling. Do you really think the coaching staff analyzes which teams are losing which players in the off-season that closely when it comes to deciding whether to play them or not?

RMU does return a lot of their team from this season & has one of their best incoming class in a long time. Plus the game is @ RMU so u never know. So @SMF is somewhat right here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT