ADVERTISEMENT

Duzz has lost me

Did anybody think this D with Narduzzi's recruits would stop UNC on that 3rd and 17? Did anybody think this D with Narduzzi's recruits would stop UNC on that 3rd and 5 with 2 minutes left?

you know, originally I thought you were being your usual snarky self by not jumping on the Narduzzi band wagon after season 1 like most others. Now you look like Nostra-friggin-damus. Congrats sir, as much as I hate to admit it, you were right.
It doesn’t take clairvoyance to employ a wait-and-see approach with regard to these coaching hires. Just a reasonable level of objectivity and a couple of decades of experience as a Pitt fan. Hiring coordinators with no previous head coaching experience is especially unpredictable.

The same principle applies to basketball.

Reactions: Ski11585
Yeah... all the yinzers talked crap about Whitehead. I hope everyone see's how much he meant to a mediocre defense. Without him... we're back to being worst in the ACC.

Yinzers?
Try again. It’s all the implants who think the wpial sucks and that a florida 2* > PA 4*

you know, originally I thought you were being your usual snarky self by not jumping on the Narduzzi band wagon after season 1 like most others. Now you look like Nostra-friggin-damus. Congrats sir, as much as I hate to admit it, you were right.

I wanted him to be the right coach.
But our desire shouldn’t out trump objective analysis.

What’s sad is fedora did enough to blow that game and probably find himself fired. Down 28-21 before the half, tries to go down and score, and Carolina did as bad of a job as I’ve ever seen managing that drive. If stocker hangs on to an INT that is right in his hands, pitt could’ve easily punched it in and been up 35-21 at the half.

Yet somehow narduzzi and his staff found a way to coach maybe the worst half of football any staff has ever coached. Watson’s play calling was worse than a 4 year old playing madden that just randomly presses triangle, square, or circle without knowing what the play is. The pitt defense was nowhere to be found on 3rd and 17, then when Carolina is running out the clock pitt looked completely fooled that they even ran the ball.

This staff shouldn’t coach another game. There is absolutely no excuse in year 4 for:

Getting laps run around you by psu less than 10 years after sanctions.

Getting embarrassed at home in prime-time by psu, not beating them is bad enough, that disgrace was just ridiculous.

Having offensive and defensive systems that are so far behind the times, other ACC teams probably laugh at how dumb we are.

Being 0-4 against anybody in conference. There is absolutely no way, none whatsoever, you should ever get to coach a 5th game when you are 0-4 against a conference foe. Add to that the Carolina team I’m talking about, 2-13 their last 15 against P5 schools, only 2 wins both against pitt. That can not ever happen.

Yinzers?
Try again. It’s all the implants who think the wpial sucks and that a florida 2* > PA 4*
It looks like Narduzzi is taking the small percentage of 4 stars he recruits and making them into 2 stars.

If only Sports worked like that. UNC just knows how to scheme to beat Pitt.
yep, third and five plus. First down gives unc the win and a stop gives Pitt a great chance to tie or win.... They have a receiver in the wildcat formation. Dummy me, I think he is not throwing the ball and is going to take the snap and run (like they do 99.99999995% of the time from the wildcat).. The dude takes the snap and simply runs around our end who is sucked in and not staying home as he is sprinting to get to a passer that never was or was ever gonna be passing....How the hard is it to "scheme" against this type of un-coached stupidity?

Last edited:
Reactions: BFo8 and CCvNYC
How great was that class?
Gary nova?

When he was canned, it was around number 20
Would have finished around 30 had Wanny been kept, given that Noah Spence or other highly rated targets weren’t going to go to a 7-5 team that finished in third place.
That Dave had a top 10 class coming in is just another Pantherlair myth

That, and as you mentioned, most of those recruits ended up doing very little

I’ve defended the guy but this has to be one of the worst coaching jobs I’ve seen.

There’s no reason for the defense to be that awful and the second half performance for this team is a trend. That’s bad coaching

I think there is talent on the team certainly enough to beat N.C. but this team is horribly coached. He’s hire his cronies as assistants
I agree 1000 percent

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT