ADVERTISEMENT

Early 2025 NBA Mock Draft (Vecenie)

scoise

Sophomore
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2013
Pittsburgh
Sam Vecenie released an early 2025 mock draft today and had Lowe going 23rd. Didn't see any other Pitt players, although I think the next most realistic ones would be G or Delalic.

23. Jaland Lowe | 6-3 guard | 20 years old | Pittsburgh​

The other freshman in the backcourt at Pitt this year next to Bub Carrington, Lowe is similarly terrific at playing on or off the ball. Unlike Carrington, he’s a bit small. Still, by the end of the year, Lowe had the look of a serious All-ACC threat in 2025. From Jan. 16 onward, he averaged 13.5 points, 4.2 assists and only 1.5 turnovers per game. He’s a terrific decision-maker in addition to being a spectacular passer and playmaker. The lefty has a beautiful blend of lobs, dump-off passes and kickouts, plus does it all off a live dribble. He throws them with pristine touch when necessary, as well as with real velocity with his strong left hand when required. He also drilled 39 percent of his 3s over that last 17-game sample and has a smooth lefty stroke that should continue to bloom. If I had to pick a player to lead the ACC in assists next season, it would be Lowe. I also expect him to toss in around 15 points per game and hit shots from distance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.