ADVERTISEMENT

Jaland Lowe and Cam Corhen and why Im pumped up for next year

I found another video of Delalic in the Euro pro league and this one is pretty exciting to watch.

A lot of good stuff in here. A lot of quality passing and playmaking like Wanamaker. A lot of turning defensive turnovers into offense in the transition game and forcing turnovers. He's going to need to be careful making some of these tight passes against Elite defenders in the ACC, but he very much looks the part of a point forward type that can both shoot and make plays for others and you can see he loves getting the bigs involved in the block and I expect Corhen to be busy down there. While watching highlights videos can be dangerous to make forecasts and predications, you can tell the way he sees and reads the floor with his vision (passing) on offense and on defense (forcing turnovers) that he is much more than just a shooter coming into Pitt. We are going to be dangerous this year. Perhaps very dangerous.

Im quite intrigued and very excited to watch this guy and this team play in a real game.

As you said, assessments based on video tape can be misleading but man this dude can shoot.

While he doesnt appear to have the crazy range that Blake demonstrated he may be a more complete player in terms of passing and taking guys off the dribble. Excited to see how his game translates to the ACC.

As you said, assessments based on video tape can be misleading but man this dude can shoot.

While he doesnt appear to have the crazy range that Blake demonstrated he may be a more complete player in terms of passing and taking guys off the dribble. Excited to see how his game translates to the ACC.
Given his age and his experience in a league of older, experienced players, my sense as a player.
is he'll be ok against ACC competition. He's not like a high school recruit coming into
a league of older, stronger, and more experienced players. He has to adjust to the USA,
and life at Pitt, but I see it working out for him and for Pitt Bball. IMO he's more like an
experienced college transfer coming here. I look for him to do well on the court.

This is one time where I think his film is realistically showing us who he is

We dont really know his range. In the Euro game coaches might bench you for shooting from Hinson distances.

Pitt had a Top 50 Nationally ranked defense last year. Which is respectable at the college level and borderline good enough for an NCAA tournament team (on the defensive side of the ball).

Brandin Cummings is taking it to these guys at Pitt (Lowe, Leggett, Austin, Dunn, and everyone else) and doing what he wants on the offensive side of the ball which was the expectation preseason from me (on the offensive side of the ball only as he is Lethal scoring). This isnt high school highlights, EYBL highlights, or Euro Pro highlights. This is college level highlights against proven Pitt players.

People didnt believe me on Bub Carrington being the most underrated freshmen in the country. This is the most underrated freshmen in the country Part 2 making it look easy 1 on 1. The only difference to last year, we have a potential All American Point Guard and the 6th man of the year returning.

Did I say we are dangerous earlier in this thread?

Pitt had a Top 50 Nationally ranked defense last year. Which is respectable at the college level and borderline good enough for an NCAA tournament team (on the defensive side of the ball).

Brandin Cummings is taking it to these guys at Pitt (Lowe, Leggett, Austin, Dunn, and everyone else) and doing what he wants on the offensive side of the ball which was the expectation preseason from me (on the offensive side of the ball only as he is Lethal scoring). This isnt high school highlights, EYBL highlights, or Euro Pro highlights. This is college level highlights against proven Pitt players.

People didnt believe me on Bub Carrington being the most underrated freshmen in the country. This is the most underrated freshmen in the country Part 2 making it look easy 1 on 1. The only difference to last year, we have a potential All American Point Guard and the 6th man of the year returning.

Said it before and Ill say it again.

Cummings is a cross between Cam Thomas and Acie Law. You give him any space he is going to kill you and punish you on the offensive side of the ball.

That's high praise as Thomas was a 1 and done and Law a 1st team All American and probably the most clutch player I have ever seen in college basketball history.

Lets get this season going already.... Nobody expects anything from Delalic and Cummings. Except me and a few diehard Pitt fans that are going to prove people really wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bethlehemjohn
Lets get this season going already.... Nobody expects anything from Delalic and Cummings. Except me and a few diehard Pitt fans that are going to prove people really wrong.
Well I won't comment on Cummings either way because I haven't seen him
yet. However I'll give you your due since you apparently have seen him. As
for Delalic, I obviously havent seen him yet either. However, I for one do
expect big things for him as several of my posts have stated. I won't be
surprised. This is one time where the film has impressed me. More than that,
as I've posted before, he has done very well oversees playing against older,
experienced players at a pretty high level. He's no rookie just out of American
h.s. bball. He's a 21 yr. old Freshman. We're on the same page with this guy.

Of course I have no idea what Capel's sales pitch was, but I'd be willing to bet that he was
stressing increased opportunities on the inside. He may have been moved around in
Leonard Hamilton's offense, but IMO that won't happen here unless Kante turns out
to be an all ACC Center this year. If that were to happen (doubt that it will), then I
could see a lot of minutes at the 4 for Corhen. My guess is Corhen starts inside
and stays inside unless he's on the floor at the same time with Kante. As for
Guillermo at Center, I don't see it but maybe he gets a few minutes there. We
all know our weaknesses inside last year, Corhen is here to fix that. Just my two
cents.

Capel said Corhen was out on the perimeter too much with FSU and that's why his rebounding numbers were low. Said he does possess an outside game but he wants to play closer to the basket.

Capel said Corhen was out on the perimeter too much with FSU and that's why his rebounding numbers were low. Said he does possess an outside game but he wants to play closer to the basket.
It is looking more and more like Beebah is going to get some run. I’d say he’ll have a similar trajectory line Jaland did last year.

Here is the way I see minutes distribution:

Lowe 35
Ish. Delalic, Corhen 25
GDG, Austin, Beebah and Dunn 20
Kante and JDG 5

It likely won’t start like this, but I do think Beebah will end up taking minutes away from some later in the season.

It is looking more and more like Beebah is going to get some run. I’d say he’ll have a similar trajectory line Jaland did last year.

Lowe 35
Ish. Delalic, Corhen 25
Kante and JDG 5

It likely won’t start like this, but I do think Beebah will end up taking minutes away from some later in the season.
This looks about right … for now.

Lowe 35
Ish. Delalic, Corhen 25
Kante and JDG 5

I expect Corhen to get 30 as the season progresses, and Kante to get 10-15 early on so they can get a good look.

Lowe 35
Ish. Delalic, Corhen 25
Kante and JDG 5

I'm not sure how many minutes he'll get but I really like him. I said last year he plays in the NBA. BballinsiderfromPepperdine disagrees so we will see.

30 minutes is a lot for a center to average. Maybe in some games but probably not regularly.
I'm not expecting 30 for the season, but in conference. Zanna and Young each did it for the entire season. If Talib could do it playing the way Jamie used his centers, I think Cam can handle it.

Even Fede avg'd 28 in conference 2 years ago. We'll see.

I'm not expecting 30 for the season, but in conference. Zanna and Young each did it for the entire season. If Talib could do it playing the way Jamie used his centers, I think Cam can handle it.

Even Fede avg'd 28 in conference 2 years ago. We'll see.
I think we understand each other. I believe we would agree that if Cam is playing more minutes, that’s a very good thing.

Reactions: BTisinDC

Brandin Cummings continues to cook Pitt defenders. Another day, another Cummings highlight film. The rest of the ACC and country for that matter is going to find out real soon just how embarrassingly underrated he was.

Reactions: PollCat99
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT