ADVERTISEMENT

Early offers

Slick Manager of Champs

Heisman Candidate
Apr 22, 2007
Starting to seem really early offers to WPIAL players, 8th graders! They aren't even eligible to play a varsity game yet so I assume it is based on camp performance.

I believe Narduzzi has made several offers to kids who just completed 9th grade (I saw a tweet from Gleason at Char-Valley that he was just offered)

So my question is the WPIAL really seeing an upswing in talent for 2027 & 2028? Or is this residual of NIL and trying to get in before the price is too high?

The PSN article mentions a "Central Catholic 8th grader" getting an offer. Central doesn't have an 8th grade, do they?

Who was that local QB who they offered and I think actually committed that was in, maybe 10th grade, and by the time he was a senior they kind of backed off him?

There was the guy Sills, he committed to USC as a QB at age 12, and never made it, and later transferred around to a bunch of places and eventually ended up as a WR at WVU, he got some NFL tryouts, and I don't think he ever made it.

There was the guy Sills, he committed to USC as a QB at age 12, and never made it, and later transferred around to a bunch of places and eventually ended up as a WR at WVU, he got some NFL tryouts, and I don't think he ever made it.

he was a decent WR at WVU, so things turned out ok for him in the end. Seemed crazy back then to offer an 8th grader but it is becoming the new normal

Reactions: Pitt79
If I remember correctly, injuries started staking up. He just wasn't the same player at that point.
I think it was more a case of him hitting a growth spurt before everyone else and people were desperate for the next great WPIAL QB. I saw him play when he was a Jr. and he simply didn’t have the arm or accuracy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT