ADVERTISEMENT

Eat Them Words!

Dec 20, 2019
“It’s just that I don’t believe we can win now,” Hayes messaged the Post-Gazette. “I believe we (were going to) win games, but I believe we are (in) a developmental stage. And I just can’t do that right now.”

You abandoned your home town team not for Alabama or Ohio State, but for coach lime light. Pitt is ranked and undefeated. Colorado has 2 losses, Hayes missed the last 2 games with injury, and has 2 sacks and 3.5 tackles for lose. His replacement had 5 sacks in yesterday's game. On behalf of the entire Pitt fan base. Thanks for not believing in your squad!

“It’s just that I don’t believe we can win now,” Hayes messaged the Post-Gazette. “I believe we (were going to) win games, but I believe we are (in) a developmental stage. And I just can’t do that right now.”

You abandoned your home town team not for Alabama or Ohio State, but for coach lime light. Pitt is ranked and undefeated. Colorado has 2 losses, Hayes missed the last 2 games with injury, and has 2 sacks and 3.5 tackles for lose. His replacement had 5 sacks in yesterday's game. On behalf of the entire Pitt fan base. Thanks for not believing in your squad!
No need to kick him while he's down. Our net gain/loss with the portal from last year has been a huge upgrade. He made his choice and we are just fine without him.

Not sure that Pitt begged him to stay. In the NIL/Portal world, if you really make a big effort to try to keep all the veterans (especially those who played a lot on a 3 - 9 team), you can end up frustrating and possibly losing talented younger players who don’t wanna sit and wait their turn another year.

Roster management and player retention have really changed now. But speaking for myself I am very happy with the personnel decisions that Pitt has made.

Reactions: Pittguy93
No need to kick him while he's down. Our net gain/loss with the portal from last year has been a huge upgrade. He made his choice and we are just fine without him.
Yes there is. He could have simply said he wanted to look at other opportunities. He went out like a jerk bashing his teammates on his way out. Very childish. People hit the portal all the time; that doesn't mean you need to bash your ex teammates just to justify your decision. So again......Eat Them Words!

I respectfully disagree ratking.....

Hayes got an NIL deal after last season. After signing the deal, he came back and wanted more. They gave it to him. Then he wanted to re-negotiate again. Alliance 412 told him to go kick rocks... Then he makes that statement after leaving...

I say while he's down, kick him in the teeth, the nuts, and the posterior... And if he gets up, knock him down and kick him again...

I don't have a problem with players making a business decision. But he justified his departure by throwing the team under the bus. Just be a man and say you left for the money....We'll understand.

Hayes got an NIL deal after last season. After signing the deal, he came back and wanted more. They gave it to him. Then he wanted to re-negotiate again. Alliance 412 told him to go kick rocks... Then he makes that statement after leaving...

I say while he's down, kick him in the teeth, the nuts, and the posterior... And if he gets up, knock him down and kick him again...

I don't have a problem with players making a business decision. But he justified his departure by throwing the team under the bus. Just be a man and say you left for the money....We'll understand.
Freakin thank you Pittmeister!! I heard this but couldn't say it because I didn't want to speculate with any real proof or first hand knowledge.

I forgot about that as well. I still think he's irrelevant in the grand scheme of things but will no longer care if others want to say "eff you and don't let the door hit you..."

to be fair, I think Chris Carter wasn't quite upfront when he texted Hayes asking for reasons that he was on the record.

But Hayes is someone they stuck through when times were bad. He came back pretty quick after the domestic assault charge while many others probably would have been done for the year. And as you mentioned Alliance 412 invested a lot in him only for Hayes to kick them to the curb.

So that's kind of a roundabout way of me saying I agree with you and hope Hayes finds opportunities in his hometown pretty dry once the NFL career ends (which most likely won't even happen).

It’s not a great idea to burn bridges in your hometown when you might need to come back to it looking for an opportunity when your playing career is over.

Reactions: TitoBeagle

AGREED. F HIM. QUITTER.

It’s not a great idea to burn bridges in your hometown when you might need to come back to it looking for an opportunity when your playing career is over.

AGREED> 8 more weeks he is done. Nobody in Colorado will even remember he ever played there.

Reactions: Parkview57
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT