ADVERTISEMENT

Eclipse

Dointhatrag

Sophomore
Sep 3, 2017
Any of you drive anywhere for the eclipse? We live outside of Charlotte nc and are currently in Conway Arkansas at central Arkansas university for the event

FYI...

The NASA YouTube channel is showing live viewing all along the path of totality.

Also, experts are discussing everything related to this event.

Last edited:
Saw a guy in a parking lot with a welders helmet and a vape pen. He seemed to think this whole thing was a big deal.

I live in the path of totality. It was amazing.
Same here. I’ve never seen a total eclipse before. I thought it wasn’t going to be much different than the one we had in 2017. I was way wrong. I feel silly saying this and as of around noon today, never imagined saying this, but it was spectacular.

Reactions: HailtoPitt
I had to visit a customer up north yesterday, so I went over to Conneaut Lake and took in the eclipse. We got lucky because 15 minutes prior to totality, the skies cleared up. I really did not know what to expect, but it was truly one of the coolest things I have ever witnessed. Seeing everything go dark, the temp dropped and with the glasses you got to see those solar flares and stuff. Really cool.

Now memo....to those native of PA, you mean to tell me you could not figure out another route other than I79 to head back towards the Pittsburgh area. I avoided it like the plague and just hit all back roads.

I had to visit a customer up north yesterday, so I went over to Conneaut Lake and took in the eclipse. We got lucky because 15 minutes prior to totality, the skies cleared up. I really did not know what to expect, but it was truly one of the coolest things I have ever witnessed. Seeing everything go dark, the temp dropped and with the glasses you got to see those solar flares and stuff. Really cool.

Now memo....to those native of PA, you mean to tell me you could not figure out another route other than I79 to head back towards the Pittsburgh area. I avoided it like the plague and just hit all back roads.
76 coming back from OH was no better.

There will be one in Spain and Iceland in a couple of years. Might make a nice trip.

Yinzers love eclipses. Pitt football should have an Eclipse Day promo this fall. Would sell the place out

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT