ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Article Eight recruits set for first official visit weekend

Chris Peak

Lair Hall of Famer
Staff
Jun 19, 2004
Here's a breakdown of the eight recruits we've confirmed as coming to Pitt for official visits next week. Obviously there have been some changes from previous visit reports; I think we'll see that throughout June, with recruits and schools moving their plans around. Here are some of the changes:

- Malachi Madison moved from June 3 to June 25.

- Marcus Allen is no longer visiting next weekend; I'm not sure if he'll re-schedule.

- Dominique McKenzie is coming as an official visitor, but I've been told that his twin brother Marcus McKenzie is coming as a guest rather than an official visitor. I think this is just a distinction of numbers; schools have a limited number of total official visits they can use, but an official visitor can bring family with him, so this seems like a way to save an official visit for later. Both McKenzie brothers have offers from Pitt, although I get the impression that Dominique is a bit higher on the board (although I'm not sure how much).

- Xavier Townsend is not visiting next weekend. I think he will re-schedule.

- Sean FitzSimmons was previously scheduled to visit June 10-12, but now he'll be coming in June 3-5.

Here's a rundown of the eight guys coming to town next week. And here's the full official visit list.

Reactions: 1hugegeek
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News