ADVERTISEMENT

Elite European soccer clubs are forming a Super League despite major opposition

why the domestic leagues are soooooo good.

Just watched Liverpool drop points to New Castle. Liverpool was up 1-0 in injury time and New Castle appeared to score the equalizer in dramatic fashion but an unfortunate VAR decision ruled no goal. I was gutted, as Liverpool are fighting for a top 4 finish and I badly wanted to see them not win. It should have been a goal but it wasn’t meant to be. I accepted the fact the Liverpool was headed to a victory but then in the 96th minute, New Castle ended up scoring...and this time there was no question that the goal would stand. Real drama at Anfield and the game ended as a draw and Klopp was on the touch line whining as usual.

of course none of this would have mattered with the Super League. It would have been just was exciting as an MLB game in September between two teams clearly out of the pennant race.

On the disallowed goal, by law it was the right decision. But the rule needs to change. For those who haven’t seen it yet, the New Castle attacker was essentially 1v1 vs the keeper and the keeper came out and made the save 1 yard in front of the shooter. The rebound, came up and hit the hand of the shooter and then the ball dropped to the ground and the shooter was able to run the ball into the goal. The problem for me is that the keeper and attacker were right next to each other, likely touching, and the rebound just happened to hit the hand of the attacker. His arm was tucked in at his side and not in an unnatural position. Additionally due to the close proximity, there was no way for it to not hit his arm. From what wad said, it’s a rule they may look at and change this summer.

it makes complete sense obviously. If there’s a ball in the box that hits a defender in the same fashion, they don’t rule it a handball. So the same should apply here.

On the disallowed goal, by law it was the right decision. But the rule needs to change. For those who haven’t seen it yet, the New Castle attacker was essentially 1v1 vs the keeper and the keeper came out and made the save 1 yard in front of the shooter. The rebound, came up and hit the hand of the shooter and then the ball dropped to the ground and the shooter was able to run the ball into the goal. The problem for me is that the keeper and attacker were right next to each other, likely touching, and the rebound just happened to hit the hand of the attacker. His arm was tucked in at his side and not in an unnatural position. Additionally due to the close proximity, there was no way for it to not hit his arm. From what wad said, it’s a rule they may look at and change this summer.

it makes complete sense obviously. If there’s a ball in the box that hits a defender in the same fashion, they don’t rule it a handball. So the same should apply here.

I haven't seen the play yet, but based on your description next year that will be a goal. They are changing the interpretation (again) on hand balls in the build up to a goal. Accidental (or whatever you want to call them) hand balls on offensive players in the build up to a goal will no longer negate the goal. Only accidental hand balls that actually cause the ball to go into the goal with take the goal away.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
why the domestic leagues are soooooo good.

Just watched Liverpool drop points to New Castle. Liverpool was up 1-0 in injury time and New Castle appeared to score the equalizer in dramatic fashion but an unfortunate VAR decision ruled no goal. I was gutted, as Liverpool are fighting for a top 4 finish and I badly wanted to see them not win. It should have been a goal but it wasn’t meant to be. I accepted the fact the Liverpool was headed to a victory but then in the 96th minute, New Castle ended up scoring...and this time there was no question that the goal would stand. Real drama at Anfield and the game ended as a draw and Klopp was on the touch line whining as usual.

of course none of this would have mattered with the Super League. It would have been just was exciting as an MLB game in September between two teams clearly out of the pennant race.
And you can blame CRAP like VAR on American meddling ruining everything all over the world.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT