ADVERTISEMENT

Elko to aTm

He can fail per A&M standards and other schools will be waiting for him with lots of A&M change in his pocket. Probably doesn’t think like that but it should cross his mind - big payday - not a career ending move.

Supposedly they were set to hire Stoops before the news leaked and the fans had a collective conniption. Didn't something similar happen at Pitt with Mark Schmidt?

Elko doesn't feel like all that sexy of a hire either, but at least he has the Texas recruiting connections.

For Duke: Can I interest you in Blue Duzzi?

Supposedly they were set to hire Stoops before the news leaked and the fans had a collective conniption. Didn't something similar happen at Pitt with Mark Schmidt?

Elko doesn't feel like all that sexy of a hire either, but at least he has the Texas recruiting connections.

For Duke: Can I interest you in Blue Duzzi?
Substance over sexy.

Stoops might have been a good hire. After 9 years at UK though, he's pretty much pigeon-holed to the image of the guy winning 7 to 10 games a year while winning OOC games over MAC schools, and chasing 3 & 4 star players in the greater Cincy Metro area & occasionally Western PA.

That won't play at A&M.

Elko is awesome. I think he will do well there. Substance over style.

I think there are only about 3 to 6 truly elite coaches in the game. I doubt any of them wanted the A&M job.
You think he’s awesome based on what ?
2 years of HC experience?
You fire a proven HC with a title for a guy who’s at Duke 2 years as his only experience ?

Reactions: singregardless
A&M is a good example of the reality that just throwing shit tons of money at a program and players isn’t enough to buy a spot in the elite club. No matter what they spend or who they hire, they’re doomed to be a middling SEC program.

I give Elko 3 years. If Jimbo couldn’t do it there, Elko sure as hell won’t be able to.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
A&M is a good example of the reality that just throwing shit tons of money at a program and players isn’t enough to buy a spot in the elite club. No matter what they spend or who they hire, they’re doomed to be a middling SEC program.

I give Elko 3 years. If Jimbo couldn’t do it there, Elko sure as hell won’t be able to.
Throwing shit tons of money absolutely doesn't buy a spot in the elite club.

However, it's impossible to ever gain membership to the elite club without spending a shit ton of money.

You think he’s awesome based on what ?
2 years of HC experience?
You fire a proven HC with a title for a guy who’s at Duke 2 years as his only experience ?
Based on his body of work for years under Dave Clawson

Based on single handily saving Brian Kelly's career.

Based on his stint at TAMU.

Based on how he transformed Duke from candy ass losers into a physical tough team that battles and wins.

Jimbo is a great recruiter & great offensive mind. He sucks at running a program. He's too cerebral and too hands off. How many other head coaches have players smoking weed in the locker room before a game? I'm guessing that won't happen under Elko.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
The jury is still out on Elko Duke had a real good QB Leonard who was hurt then they lost most of their games. If the Pitt offense was any good they would have beaten Duke on Saturday. Duke was 7-5

Based on his body of work for years under Dave Clawson

Based on single handily saving Brian Kelly's career.

Based on his stint at TAMU.

Based on how he transformed Duke from candy ass losers into a physical tough team that battles and wins.

Jimbo is a great recruiter & great offensive mind. He sucks at running a program. He's too cerebral and too hands off. How many other head coaches have players smoking weed in the locker room before a game? I'm guessing that won't happen under Elko.
Cutcliffe took Duke to bowl games 6 time and actually took Duke to the ACC championship game with a 10 win season and a NYD bowl .

That’s in addition to actually being a SEC head coach before .

lol, saving Mike Kelly’s career ?
You’re funny

I don’t care if elko is good or not , as I don’t give a shit about delusional aTm, either :

Cutcliffe took Duke to bowl games 6 time and actually took Duke to the ACC championship game with a 10 win season and a NYD bowl .

That’s in addition to actually being a SEC head coach before .

lol, saving Mike Kelly’s career ?
You’re funny

I don’t care if elko is good or not , as I don’t give a shit about delusional aTm, either :
Yeah. He literally saved Brian Kelly's ass at Notre Dame.

Kelly went 4-8 in 2016 and fired his DC a few games into the season. Elko turned that around in year one.

David Cutliffe has a career record of 121-126 as head coach. He was hired at Ole Miss specifically to secure Eli Manning for the Rebs.

He's a damn good hire and probably the best coach they could realistically hire. There are only 4 elite coaches in the game, imo, and I doubt any of them were interested.

Glad he left, beat PITT in his last game with a backup QB. PITT also had a backup that should have been a starter from day one.

Glad he left, beat PITT in his last game with a backup QB. PITT also had a backup that should have been a starter from day one.
Elko's team can block and tackle. ...2 things the 2023 Pitt squad aren't very good at.

I'm glad he's out of the ACC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT