ADVERTISEMENT

EMU cuts wrestling

Chaos

Assistant Coach
Gold Member
Jul 6, 2001
I see that Eastern Michigan has discontinued their wrestling program. Do they have any wrestlers who could help Pitt?

What are the transfer rules if your school ends the program?

they had a losing record in the MAC. but this kid seems to be their star - 149 LB Springer. Below is his record from the Midlands

149- Kyle Springer (4-2)
Champ Rd. 1: Josh Cortez (Cal Poly) over Kyle Springer (EMU) (SV-1 7-5)
Cons. Rd. 2: Kyle Springer (EMU) over Jensen Lorea (Edinboro) (MD 15-4)
Cons. Rd. 3: Kyle Springer (EMU) over Davey Tunon (Indiana) (MD 14-4)
Cons. Rd. 4: Kyle Springer (EMU) over No. 18 Alfred Bannister (Maryland) (MD 12-4)
Cons. Rd. 5: Kyle Springer (EMU) over Zach Krause (Brown) (MD 13-4)
Cons. Rd. 6: Austin O'Connor (North Carolina) over Kyle Springer (EMU) (Pin 4:40)

Sa'Derian Perry was an All-American for them at 141. Just finished his Redshirt Sophomore season, but I think he's going to Minnesota, if the money works out.

What are the transfer rules if your school ends the program?

they had a losing record in the MAC. but this kid seems to be their star - 149 LB Springer. Below is his record from the Midlands

149- Kyle Springer (4-2)
Champ Rd. 1: Josh Cortez (Cal Poly) over Kyle Springer (EMU) (SV-1 7-5)
Cons. Rd. 2: Kyle Springer (EMU) over Jensen Lorea (Edinboro) (MD 15-4)
Cons. Rd. 3: Kyle Springer (EMU) over Davey Tunon (Indiana) (MD 14-4)
Cons. Rd. 4: Kyle Springer (EMU) over No. 18 Alfred Bannister (Maryland) (MD 12-4)
Cons. Rd. 5: Kyle Springer (EMU) over Zach Krause (Brown) (MD 13-4)
Cons. Rd. 6: Austin O'Connor (North Carolina) over Kyle Springer (EMU) (Pin 4:40)

Kids can go wherever they want with no penalty if a program is dropped.

Please read the story on Flowrestling about the egregious accounting error made by EMU. They flat out lied about the numbers. I am no conspiracy theorist, but this stinks. I am hoping for a large lawsuit.
https://www.flowrestling.org/articl...-wrestling-despite-erroneous-financial-report

Completely pathetic. I love football as much as the next guy but come one, it is Eastern Michigan, they need to realize they have a very low ceiling in that sport. The best a school like that can achieve is making 1 of the 10,000 bowl games every 5 years or so. To take resources away from 4 sports to fund football and to a smaller extent M&W basketball is nothing short of pathetic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT