ADVERTISEMENT

Every good NFL playoff team has a franchise tightend.

It's not just the playoff teams. I said this during the losing streak to bad teams, but New England and Arizona had tight ends that outperformed the Steelers' TEs, too. It seems like every team has a better weapon at TE than the Steelers do.

It's not just the playoff teams. I said this during the losing streak to bad teams, but New England and Arizona had tight ends that outperformed the Steelers' TEs, too. It seems like every team has a better weapon at TE than the Steelers do.
Agreed

Not that I don’t like Muuuth, but Darnell Washington could be that guy if they didn’t use him (almost) exclusively in run blocking.

We all know your agenda, but any normal Steeler fan watching these playoffs surely sees the Steelers lack a lot of other elements that these teams all have beyond the TE position.

For the analytics guys how often does KC and Buffalo play with an inline TE? I know Kelce and the Buffalo kid are listed as TE's, but from a distance it seems like they're in the slot quite a bit.

For the analytics guys how often does KC and Buffalo play with an inline TE? I know Kelce and the Buffalo kid are listed as TE's, but from a distance it seems like they're in the slot quite a bit.
A nice luxury when you actually have competent tackles. Not saying Freiermuth is Kelce or even Kincaid, but I would love to see what he could do in a similar role, instead of having him blocking the edge where he is clearly not suited.

A nice luxury when you actually have competent tackles. Not saying Freiermuth is Kelce or even Kincaid, but I would love to see what he could do in a similar role, instead of having him blocking the edge where he is clearly not suited.
Gronk has often said the Kelce comparisons aren't valid because they basically play(ed) different positions even though they have the same title.

Gronk has often said the Kelce comparisons aren't valid because they basically play(ed) different positions even though they have the same title.
Actually it is not a bad comparison. They are both (were) are great at pushing off defenders to get loose and then whine like mules for pass interference if they don't get the catch.

Actually it is not a bad comparison. They are both (were) are great at pushing off defenders to get loose and then whine like mules for pass interference if they don't get the catch.
yeah but Gronk was an absolute beast in the run game, Kelce not so much.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT