ADVERTISEMENT

F*CK

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Its been a great season thus far but one night in South Bend is going to have us playing for our lives next week JUST to get to Dayton. I mean I'd be ecstatic if you told me before the season we are going to Dayton but totally disappointing at this point because if you lose that game in Dayton, it really doesn't even feel like you made the NCAA Tournament.

When you put an effort like that on your resume against a 2-16 team, you don't belong in the tournament. You can't be that bad against one of the absolute worst teams in your conference. If I was on the committee and watched that, Pitt would be out.

Dayton doesn't bother me as much. It's one of those things where if you lose, yes - you kind of feel like you weren't even in the tournament. But if you win, it kind of feels like you won a tournament game.

I'd rather be 1-1, including Dayton, than 0-1.

Its been a great season thus far but one night in South Bend is going to have us playing for our lives next week JUST to get to Dayton. I mean I'd be ecstatic if you told me before the season we are going to Dayton but totally disappointing at this point because if you lose that game in Dayton, it really doesn't even feel like you made the NCAA Tournament.

One night isn’t, but two would.

Two hasn’t happened yet, stop penciling in a loss to a team we already beat.

Reactions: wallanderm
The lay people didn’t watch the game and will only see a 25 losing by 7 at a bad team sending off their coach. Kentucky and Maryland also went down. Not a good night for 20-25 teams.

One night isn’t, but two would.

Two hasn’t happened yet, stop penciling in a loss to a team we already beat.
If you think this team is going to Miami with the conference championship at stake and coming home a winner, I need some of what you are drinking. We will lose by 10+

Reactions: pittizit
Dayton doesn't bother me as much. It's one of those things where if you lose, yes - you kind of feel like you weren't even in the tournament. But if you win, it kind of feels like you won a tournament game.

I'd rather be 1-1, including Dayton, than 0-1.

Well yea, if you win in Dayton, its fantastic because the W feels great and you have a great path to the Sweet 16 by beating a 6 and a 3 (and sometimes the 3 loses to the 14). So, yea, I'd take a W in Dayton if you could guarantee me that. But if we go and lose, it wont feel like we made it. Still would be a really good season though

Well yea, if you win in Dayton, its fantastic because the W feels great and you have a great path to the Sweet 16 by beating a 6 and a 3 (and sometimes the 3 loses to the 14). So, yea, I'd take a W in Dayton if you could guarantee me that. But if we go and lose, it wont feel like we made it. Still would be a really good season though

I'd rather face a meh play-in team that we are 4-point favorites against than a good 7 that lost a few it should have won, for instance.

We have zero chance of making any noise in the tournament. Just get me a postseason win.

Reactions: pittizit
I still think Pitt is not in any danger of missing the tournament even after this loss tonight. Their entire body of work and resume is still good enough to get in over a lot of other teams right now on the bubble. A lot more has to happen these next 2 games for Pitt not to make it and I just don’t see it. They are in .

I'd rather face a meh play-in team that we are 4-point favorites against than a good 7 that lost a few it should have won, for instance.

We have zero chance of making any noise in the tournament. Just get me a postseason win.

I wouldn't because the Dayton game is a 50/50 game we can lose. I'd rather skip that and play a 55/45 game vs a 7 one round later

I still think Pitt is not in any danger of missing the tournament even after this loss tonight. Their entire body of work and resume is still good enough to get in over a lot of other teams right now on the bubble. A lot more has to happen these next 2 games for Pitt not to make it and I just don’t see it. They are in .

If they lose Wednesday, they would have 4 Q3/4 losses. I wouldn’t be surprised if there's never been an at-large team with that many.

If you think this team is going to Miami with the conference championship at stake and coming home a winner, I need some of what you are drinking. We will lose by 10+

There is a whole lot of evidence this year that says we have a great chance to do just that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT