ADVERTISEMENT

Fairbanks and Babcock Reeling in Awards

A worthwhile point to note on this - there are 10 regions, so Pitt and Louisville aren’t even in the same region. The next best team in our region is GT. Still an awesome honor to have our whole starting lineup on the all-region team

Reactions: pittdan77 and Chaos
How many of these ladies do you think will be named NCAA All Americans by the American Volleyball Coaches Association? We should know by the end of next week. There will be 14 athletes each named to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd team All Americans. In addition there will be perhaps 30 to 40 others named as Honorable Mention. Make your guesses. Last year Pitt had 4 All Americans....Serena Gray and Courtney Buzzerio...1st team, Valeria Vasquez Gomez....2nd team, and Rachel Fairbanks....3rd team.

I think Babcock, Stafford, VVG, and Fairbanks are all locks to be all americans. I don't watch enough of other college vball teams to know the general landscape, but it feels like Monks, Klika, and Nwokolo probably have counterparts on other teams that have better stats.

How many of these ladies do you think will be named NCAA All Americans by the American Volleyball Coaches Association? We should know by the end of next week. There will be 14 athletes each named to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd team All Americans. In addition there will be perhaps 30 to 40 others named as Honorable Mention. Make your guesses. Last year Pitt had 4 All Americans....Serena Gray and Courtney Buzzerio...1st team, Valeria Vasquez Gomez....2nd team, and Rachel Fairbanks....3rd team.
I'll stick with my predictions from earlier with one slight tweak. Moving Fairbanks up from Second Team to First Team since she won East Coast POTY. I don't think VVG quite has the stats as the second OH and third overall hitter on our team to make AA this year but she could slide in to HM. Klika or Nwokolo would surprise me.

First Team All American - Olivia Babcock
First Team All American - Rachel Fairbanks
Second Team All American - Emma Monks
Honorable Mention All American - Torrey Stafford

I'll stick with my predictions from earlier with one slight tweak. Moving Fairbanks up from Second Team to First Team since she won East Coast POTY. I don't think VVG quite has the stats as the second OH and third overall hitter on our team to make AA this year but she could slide in to HM. Klika or Nwokolo would surprise me.

First Team All American - Olivia Babcock
First Team All American - Rachel Fairbanks
Second Team All American - Emma Monks
Honorable Mention All American - Torrey Stafford
I feel like Stafford will be at least 3rd team, and maybe drop Monks down from 2nd. I know that Monks has good stats, but when I watch the team, Stafford seems to deserve to be higher than Monks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT