ADVERTISEMENT

Fauci Statement on Football

i think from an optics side the league may not play. ridicule would be widespread

i think from an optics side the league may not play. ridicule would be widespread
Just imagine if, God forbid, a player is seriously ill or succumbs to the virus. I don’t even know what the ramifications for that would be.

PIAA seems to be full speed ahead, The governor says write a plan, school board approve it, and post it. You are good to go!

Europe has a much better handle on this mess

This graph really highlights the US failure in responding to this virus. We had the benefit of seeing what was happening in Europe before it hit us, as well as the benefit of having a single national government, rather than the 27 separate EU governments. Yet here we are, after almost 4 months, with about 5 times as many new cases daily.

I’ve respected Fauci every step of the way because he’s the expert and scientist, and it’s not like anyone has significant experience managing pandemics. Mistakes will be made. But it’s become increasingly evident that he is one massive flip flopper. And for him to be the Chief advisor and architect for our country...wow.

He should retire when this thing is over.

I’ve respected Fauci every step of the way because he’s the expert and scientist, and it’s not like anyone has significant experience managing pandemics. Mistakes will be made. But it’s become increasingly evident that he is one massive flip flopper. And for him to be the Chief advisor and architect for our country...wow.

He should retire when this thing is over.

Stay home. Take precautions til we figure this out. Same message since day one. If there have been any changes in the message, it’s been from pragmatism (masks aren’t necessary was the storyline because they knew they didn’t have enough to protect healthcare workers) or because the bosses couldn’t stay focused. I’ll stay over here in the corner with science.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

This graph really highlights the US failure in responding to this virus. We had the benefit of seeing what was happening in Europe before it hit us, as well as the benefit of having a single national government, rather than the 27 separate EU governments. Yet here we are, after almost 4 months, with about 5 times as many new cases daily.

It's called testing. Tell you what, stay the F home, Forever.

Just imagine if, God forbid, a player is seriously ill or succumbs to the virus. I don’t even know what the ramifications for that would be.
You are correct. Sport should be done. Is not necessary. Pitt really should take leadership on this and cancel all sports programs immediately.

You are correct. Sport should be done. Is not necessary. Pitt really should take leadership on this and cancel all sports programs immediately.
tenor.gif

I'm old and have killed some of my brain cells and my mind is not what it used to be and I know it.This makes me wonder about 79 year olds making decisions for the people of our country.Are people in their 70s really the best people we have to lead this great country?Look at the age of our leaders this is what disturbs me.

I'm old and have killed some of my brain cells and my mind is not what it used to be and I know it.This makes me wonder about 79 year olds making decisions for the people of our country.Are people in their 70s really the best people we have to lead this great country?Look at the age of our leaders this is what disturbs me.
Way of topic but no. Presidents should be limited to 70 before their first term. Just to much stress they wont be as sharp as they would have been at 55

Stay home. Take precautions til we figure this out. Same message since day one. If there have been any changes in the message, it’s been from pragmatism (masks aren’t necessary was the storyline because they knew they didn’t have enough to protect healthcare workers) or because the bosses couldn’t stay focused. I’ll stay over here in the corner with science.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.
Nfl can play if the players are willing to take the risk. College and highschool probably shouldn't even though the risk to those in these age groups is extremely low. Schools should be open as should be most businesses but i agree that sports arent necessary. We need to let small businesses open or they may never come back a season without college football isnt going to stop them from being to play next year.

Europe has a much better handle on this mess

It's one data point and that never tells the entire story.

175k deaths in the EU and 122k deaths in the US. Most of the EU countries have done less testing per million in population as compared to the US. Our testing % keep increasing while there's is not. The more you test the more you're likely to find.

Their governments also paying them to stay home, and it's harder to lose your job. Their economies are being decimated and they realize they need to move forward as well. Maybe they don't want to know the real numbers.

It's one data point and that never tells the entire story.

175k deaths in the EU and 122k deaths in the US. Most of the EU countries have done less testing per million in population as compared to the US. Our testing % keep increasing while there's is not. The more you test the more you're likely to find.

Their governments also paying them to stay home, and it's harder to lose your job. Their economies are being decimated and they realize they need to move forward as well. Maybe they don't want to know the real numbers.

Even DeSantis admitted it’s not just increased testing. The percentage of infected has gone up disproportionally. The 20s-30s age group is really growing. And I saw something that said frat rushes have been hot spots. And don’t get me wrong - at that age I can’t say I’d have paid much attention either. You think you’re Superman or Superwoman when you’re young.

Nfl can play if the players are willing to take the risk. College and highschool probably shouldn't even though the risk to those in these age groups is extremely low. Schools should be open as should be most businesses but i agree that sports arent necessary. We need to let small businesses open or they may never come back a season without college football isnt going to stop them from being to play next year.

I’m fine with small business being open if they would enforce wearing masks but we have a segment who decided that wearing a mask inside is too much effort.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT