ADVERTISEMENT

Few Thoughts

rockypanther

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Aug 10, 2001
I am not a huge fan of Capel. But he really did a very nice job of assembling this roster.

Johnson is a giant get. One of the biggest recruits we have ever landed. Seems like a smooth and very talented player who will step right in at our starting shooting guard spot. Add in Nelly who brings a very confident and mature point guard aspect to he point position. Seems like a smart leader. Hinson can shoot and will take pressure off of Hugley. The twins seem to have potential and will not be a big drop off when they come to the game for whatever minutes they can fill.

We are now very strong at the guard and wings. Nike will probably come off the bench as a scorer and spark. Jefress plays good defense and can rebound and also be a spark. Much better player to come off the bench than start. Santos had good shooting form. Just needs to get consistent and more experience.

Capel is not a system coach. He is more of an AAU coach. Give the ball to the players and let them create. He hasn’t had the players with both that skill and the awareness and mentality to play to he pace of the game and include others. I think this roster can play the style Capel coaches.

I think an NIT is a must and also very probable. The team chemistry and everyone accepting their roles will determine if we can get close to a NCAA bubble spot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News