ADVERTISEMENT

File under: No surprise. Nick Patti isn’t coming back.

@HOF Coach did you hear about Nick Patti?
VictoriousHeartfeltLark-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
Possibly. Just assumed some would just like to move on with their life.

I could definitely see that being the case for some of the dudes who have played a lot, but I'm kind of surprised it's not the opposite for Patti. He hasn't played much, and he'll only have one more year in his life to do that. I might have just did a year at a G5 or FCS school if I was him.

Then again, I heard he has some job prospects lined up. So he'll probably be making twice as much as me in a few months and not giving AF about G5/FCS football.

I could definitely see that being the case for some of the dudes who have played a lot, but I'm kind of surprised it's not the opposite for Patti. He hasn't played much, and he'll only have one more year in his life to do that. I might have just did a year at a G5 or FCS school if I was him.

Then again, I heard he has some job prospects lined up. So he'll probably be making twice as much as me in a few months and not giving AF about G5/FCS football.
Nick's interview with "Perfect Thursday" (whatever happened to them, by the way?) had him explain a little about his views on college football.

He held the "NFL mindset" of a lot of the folks in the northeast, where he was surprised that there were a lot of fans of college football. He assumed the whole country was like the area he was from. So, it didn't surprise me that he had no intention of playing another year at another school; he was at Pitt to have fun and get a good education.

Nick's interview with "Perfect Thursday" (whatever happened to them, by the way?) had him explain a little about his views on college football.

He held the "NFL mindset" of a lot of the folks in the northeast, where he was surprised that there were a lot of fans of college football. He assumed the whole country was like the area he was from. So, it didn't surprise me that he had no intention of playing another year at another school; he was at Pitt to have fun and get a good education.

I think you're putting words in his mouth on that one. Per the interview he did with Peak, he very much wanted to win the starting job this past season.

I think you're putting words in his mouth on that one. Per the interview he did with Peak, he very much wanted to win the starting job this past season.
Did you listen to the Perfect Thursday interview?

He said he did want to start this last season, but he wasn't wanting to play at another school next year. At that time he was unsure if he wanted to come back to Pitt for next year.

Did you listen to the Perfect Thursday interview?

He said he did want to start this last season, but he wasn't wanting to play at another school next year. At that time he was unsure if he wanted to come back to Pitt for next year.

I don't think that equates to just going to college for fun and education. Dude absolutely wanted to start and wasn't happy that he wasn't named the started this past season (Source: Nick Patti).

I also believe he did at least consider playing another season after the Sun Bowl (Source: Nick Patti).

I don't think that equates to just going to college for fun and education. Dude absolutely wanted to start and wasn't happy that he wasn't named the started this past season (Source: Nick Patti).

I also believe he did at least consider playing another season after the Sun Bowl (Source: Nick Patti).
You misunderstood what I was saying about the northeast, but yes, Nick came to Pitt with the idea of starting, and playing a lot of football for Pitt.

He didn't ever consider transferring from Pitt because of his lack of playing time.

What does an NFL mindset mean? That college football is a mere step above high school ball, the same game simply in larger stadiums, whereas the NFL is light years beyond?

I always thought the northeast's lesser emphasis with college football wasn't so much related to the NFL, but more so with football as a whole, and the fact that other sports had heightened popularity -- Yankees being the premier franchise in New York, for decades the Red Sox, Celtics, and Bruins were Boston's best teams and the Patriots down in Foxborough were an afterthought, etc. I do agree that pro sports in the northeast are generally big, but I'm not sure I totally understand what an NFL mindset is.

Last edited:
What does an NFL mindset mean? That college football is a mere step above high school ball, the same game simply in larger stadiums, whereas the NFL is light years beyond?

I always thought the northeast's lesser emphasis with college football wasn't so much related to the NFL, but more so with football as a whole, and the fact that other sports had heightened popularity -- Yankees being the premier franchise in New York, for decades the Red Sox, Celtics, and Bruins were Boston's best teams and the Patriots down in Foxborough were an afterthought, etc. I do agree that pro sports in the northeast are generally big, but I'm not sure I totally understand what an NFL mindset is.
Simply that people who are sports fans are pro sports fans in the northeast. He didn’t realize there were many college football fans in other areas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT