ADVERTISEMENT

First Love Academy in Washington, PA?

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Samson George's school.

I had never heard of this school. Apparently it is a new "basketball factory" prep school.

My question is, how do these schools make money? Who is paying for the teachers, coaches, and travel? I never understood who is funding any of these tiny basketball factories.

Samson George's school.

I had never heard of this school. Apparently it is a new "basketball factory" prep school.

My question is, how do these schools make money? Who is paying for the teachers, coaches, and travel? I never understood who is funding any of these tiny basketball factories.
They were discussed here a couple years ago. Had some "prospects", sorta like Kiski with the Bhullars.
http://www.firstlovechristianacademy.com/about

Samson George's school.

They were discussed here a couple years ago. Had some "prospects", sorta like Kiski with the Bhullars.
http://www.firstlovechristianacademy.com/about

Kiski is an established "traditional" prep school in that they are truly a regular school which happens to have athletics. First Love is a tiny basketball academy like so many others whose total enrollment is mostly if not all basketball players or athletes. Who is funding this?

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Kiski is an established "traditional" prep school in that they are truly a regular school which happens to have athletics. First Love is a tiny basketball academy like so many others whose total enrollment is mostly if not all basketball players or athletes. Who is funding this?
Can you back up your claims?? I have no idea whose $$ is

Deion Sanders started a school a few years ago in Texas they're considered charter schools and like any other charter schools the tax payer pays for school some are strictly online and do not have a physical building. In addition the sports are funded by shoe companies and third party benefactors. In Texas they shut Deion school for not meeting academic standards so it was forced to close

Deion Sanders started a school a few years ago in Texas they're considered charter schools and like any other charter schools the tax payer pays for school some are strictly online and do not have a physical building. In addition the sports are funded by shoe companies and third party benefactors. In Texas they shut Deion school for not meeting academic standards so it was forced to close

I realize taxpayers pay for charter schools but prep schools aren't charter schools. Notre Dame Prep for example only has like 25 students per grade, almost all being athletes. Who is paying for that?

Never heard of it either. But I really like what I've heard about this kid.

Basketball power Findlay Prep in Las Vegas is financed by auto mogul Cliff Findlay. No one really talks about how it works, but they have been the best basketball program by far over the last decade or so, I guess that's enough.

Basketball power Findlay Prep in Las Vegas is financed by auto mogul Cliff Findlay. No one really talks about how it works, but they have been the best basketball program by far over the last decade or so, I guess that's enough.

Yea, that one I knew about. He's a huge UNLV booster so I'm always surprised more kids dont end up there. Most people dont tealize realize that Findlay Prep is JUST the basketball team. The players actually take all classes at real school. Its a very strange setup. A pure bball factory.

well first love is a non-profit and therefore their tax returns are public information. they pulled in some money for fundraisers, some donations, but most of their money came from tuition. they have about 15 employees. no specific donor made a contribution of $20k or more.

well first love is a non-profit and therefore their tax returns are public information. they pulled in some money for fundraisers, some donations, but most of their money came from tuition. they have about 15 employees. no specific donor made a contribution of $20k or more.
The 15 employees probably average 25k, so that is only 375k towards employees.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT