ADVERTISEMENT

Fisher killing it in FIVB U20

levance2

All American
Aug 17, 2010
Pittsburgh
Dan Fisher is the head coach for the USA U20 world championship team. The U20 team finished 8th in the 2019 event. They started 2-1 in the opening pool and then lost their final five matches. USA entered the 2021 event as the 9th seed (although seeding this year is messy and imprecise).

USA was the third seeded team in their opening pool, behind Turkey and Russia. USA won the pool 3-0 and dropped only one set to Russia. They opened the second round pool stage today with a 3-1 win over Brazil. The will next have a rematch with Russia tomorrow.

I think all of the younger members of the team are already committed to other NCAA teams, but this should be good recruiting material for him for the next class. I think there's three girls on the team who play for or are committed to Nebraska. It would be nice to see that kind of top-end talent come to Pitt.

USA lost 3-1 to Russia and then 3-2 to Netherlands, sending them into the 5th-8th place bracket.

They beat Dominican Republic 3-0 and Poland 3-2.

Russia finished 3rd and Brazil 7th, so USA had a pretty tough schedule.

Don't think this had much to do with her decision, but we just got a commit from Torrey Stafford out of Southern California (following Rachel Fairbanks in our most recent recruiting class).

Reactions: persp and HOF Coach
Yeah I saw it and searched, but I couldn't figure out where to find recruiting rankings for volleyball. I'm sure Pitt will post a description sooner or later.

Yeah I saw it and searched, but I couldn't figure out where to find recruiting rankings for volleyball. I'm sure Pitt will post a description sooner or later.

Volleytalk forums are fabulous for this kind of stuff. Some good Pitt info over there, from time to time.

Doing some digging around online for myself, she's out of Bishop Montgomery HS in Torrance, CA (LA County). 2023. 6' Outside hitter. Plays with Sunshine Volleyball Club. Got a sister about to start her career at Eastern Illinois. Volleyballmag.com declared Torrey the best player in Socal in her age group back in February of 2020.

Reactions: PittMBA
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT