ADVERTISEMENT

Four 2021 draft picks from Pitt make NFL rosters

So I guess Twyman sitting out to prepare for being a high draft pick didn't work out.
Bingo. Had he played last season I have no doubt he'd have been able to dodge those bullets...Even if not, I mean of course a millennial wouldn't be able to play NFL football a month after being shot in the arm, leg, shoulder, and ass.

Reactions: pittdan77
I respect most of your posts but this one was tasteless. The man was shot four times and didn't even get a chance to compete. You are better than this. Support our players past, present, and future.
He was shot? I guess I may have missed that, hope he's pk.

I respect most of your posts but this one was tasteless. The man was shot four times and didn't even get a chance to compete. You are better than this. Support our players past, present, and future.

You're out of line.

If Twyman wasn't involved in this incident, the statement made by Pitt79 still rings out.

Twyman made a bonehead mistake by not playing.

So I guess Twyman sitting out to prepare for being a high draft pick didn't work out.
He'll be on the Minnesota roster. Due to him being shot they stowed him on the Physically Unable to Perform/Non Football Injury list with the intention of clearing a roster spot for him during the season.

You're out of line.

If Twyman wasn't involved in this incident, the statement made by Pitt79 still rings out.

The man made a calculation on his future based on the needs of his family. His father is in prison and he's lost more than one person to gunfire in his life. By no means was it a "bonehead" mistake. If he was injured during the college football season he may never have had the opportunity to sign an NFL contract. If you come from that kind of situation, $3.6 million buys a way out of that life for a lot of people you love.

The man made a calculation on his future based on the needs of his family. His father is in prison and he's lost more than one person to gunfire in his life. By no means was it a "bonehead" mistake. If he was injured during the college football season he may never have had the opportunity to sign an NFL contract. If you come from that kind of situation, $3.6 million buys a way out of that life for a lot of people you love.
But why did they enter that life in the first place?

Folks here seem to be insulted by the concept of "generational wealth".........Not sure why....Yep...

You're out of line.

I'm not quite sure why my comment comes off as "out of line." The original thread topic was and continued to be about Pitt players who made a 53 man roster and those who didn't. His comment came off as kicking someone while they are down. Twyman was drafted while a lot of other talented players were not. No one knows what he would have done on the field if given the chance no one can predict how playing may have impacted his draft stock.

What I do know is Twyman was on record as saying he cried during the first few games because he wanted to be out there. People assume he was trying to improve his draft stock but he said he needed to support his family and I believe it. He also wasn't shot robbing a bank or in a bar fight he was visiting his aunt after the draft. All I was saying is that there is no evidence to draw a direct correlation between his opt out and not making the 53. As I stated I respect Pitt79 and had no I'll intent toward him and his response to me suggested he didn't think so either.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT