ADVERTISEMENT

From Panther Lair Show

rockypanther

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Aug 10, 2001
Peak talked a lot about the transfer portal and that can be they key to a quick turnaround. It can be. But I don’t see it based on past results. We got two difference makers in Mo and Burton but we still won 11 games. Nike was not all that impressive except a few games when he played. The rest of the transfers did nothing. Like literally didn’t play this year.

So how is Capel going to all the sudden recruit guys much better than Mo and Burton and add other quality transfers through the portal when he and his staff have shown no ability to build through the portal to achieve any success.

We need more talent. But even with more talent you still have a coach who can’t teach execution, maintain a positive culture, or develop players.

So the portal presents an opportunity and there are a lot of guys in it. But few of the caliber Pitt needs to make a run next year. And Capel hasn’t been able to get them anyway. And he still isn’t a good coach. I see no hope although I appreciate Peak trying to create some.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News