ADVERTISEMENT

FSU stepped in it again (NIL)

What's going to happen to them if Norvell leaves for Alabama?
They’re gonna take a step back. Don’t believe otherwise. He was a God’s send to that program. He is an elite coach that doesn’t come along very often.

I pray it happens. I can’t wish enough bad luck on them for the way they have conducted business.

It's a joke that FSU is getting sanctions. What about USC tampering with Addison. Please.

OK I though I saw that it included a one year NIL ban, but yeah why are they picking on FSU while lots of teams are doing this?

I'd like to know exactly what they did or how they got caught. They tried to recruit a kid from Georgia's roster. My guess is the kid turned them in. Or maybe UGa did.

So FSU gets fined, after being denied a rightful spot in the playoffs. Michigan gets no penalty at all for 2 years of cheating.

Sounds about right.

Except for that four game suspension the coach served. Both punishments were pretty minor. Not like Michigan played anyone they couldn't beat during that stretch.
Michigan the institution received no penalty whatsoever. So far, at least.

They wont even get a wrist slap for this. Would be surprised to see any penalty at all. I think banning the booster will be the only penalty. His wife will now have to cut the NIL checks.
They’ve already been penalized…

3 year ban on the NIL contact
1 year ban on NIL period

I don't know what this means, but it sounds like a fairly severe penalty for doing something other schools (like USC) seem to do with no consequences.

I don't know what this means, but it sounds like a fairly severe penalty for doing something other schools (like USC) seem to do with no consequences.

There's no way that means what you think it means. Unless he can translate that, I continue to believe there penalty is no penalty.

There's no way that means what you think it means. Unless he can translate that, I continue to believe there penalty is no penalty.

I still don't understand the infraction nor the penalty. It sounds like they got in trouble for connecting a recruit/player with their NIL spokesman, and now they are punished by not being allowed to do that? This is SOOOOOO STUPID. We all know schools are doing this anyway.

It’s out there explained in various articles

Maybe read them before posting

I read it as no contact with the person/contact caught in the infraction for 3 years

And no NIL at all for one year at FSU

From Yahoo

As part of the penalties, Atkins will be suspended the first three games of the 2024 regular season and is given a two-year show-cause. A show-cause requires schools who hire Atkins to explain the decision to NCAA officials. Atkins is expected to remain on FSU’s staff in his current role.
In a first of its kind in the NIL era, the school must disassociate with the NIL collective representative for a term of three years. The school also must disassociate from the NIL collective for one year. As part of the dissociation, FSU cannot accept assistance from the collective and the collective cannot contribute to the athletic program in any way. However, the collective is free to continue working with FSU athletes on NIL endeavors.
Other penalties, which were confirmed by the NCAA Thursday
, include:

- two years of probation.

- scholarship reductions of 5% over the next two academic years.

- a reduction by seven in official recruiting visits for 2023-24.

- a prohibition on recruiting communication for six weeks over the next two academic years, including this next week (Jan. 12-18).

- a prohibition on communication with athletes in the transfer portal from April 15-21.

- a reduction by 18 evaluation days this spring.

- a financial penalty of 1% of the athletic department’s budget.”

Reactions: RaleighPittFan

I read it as no contact with the person/contact caught in the infraction for 3 years

From Yahoo

As part of the penalties, Atkins will be suspended the first three games of the 2024 regular season and is given a two-year show-cause. A show-cause requires schools who hire Atkins to explain the decision to NCAA officials. Atkins is expected to remain on FSU’s staff in his current role.
In a first of its kind in the NIL era, the school must disassociate with the NIL collective representative for a term of three years. The school also must disassociate from the NIL collective for one year. As part of the dissociation, FSU cannot accept assistance from the collective and the collective cannot contribute to the athletic program in any way. However, the collective is free to continue working with FSU athletes on NIL endeavors.
, include:

ADVERTISEMENT

- a prohibition on recruiting communication for six weeks over the next two academic years, including this next week (Jan. 12-18).

- a prohibition on communication with athletes in the transfer portal from April 15-21.

Again, the NIL punishment doesn't make sense to me. They need to disassociate from both the NIL and their NIL representative, but that's what they got in trouble for in the first place. But can still have their NIL group offer funds to players. What the?

From Yahoo

, include:

There is absolutely no way, none whatsoever, that FSU players will be banned from receiving NIL. That is absurd. That would be the equivalent of the death penalty nowadays and Cryinole fans would be rioting and filing lawsuits.

The penalty is the booster has to have his wife cut the checks from now on. So, again, no penalty.

There is absolutely no way, none whatsoever, that FSU players will be banned from receiving NIL. That is absurd. That would be the equivalent of the death penalty nowadays and Cryinole fans would be rioting and filing lawsuits.

The penalty is the booster has to have his wife cut the checks from now on. So, again, no penalty.
You really don't read things, do you?

You really don't read things, do you?

Show-cause for assistant coach: no big deal

Nothing else. The terminology sounds bad but its not:

"As part of the dissociation, FSU cannot accept assistance from the collective and the collective cannot contribute to the athletic program in any way. However, the collective is free to continue working with FSU athletes on NIL endeavors."

Translation: The FSU collective cant be "officially" the FSU collective but CAN still make NIL deals for FSU athletes. So this is nothing.

They offered the recruit $180K for the 1st year. Funny thing is they got caught when everyone is doing this

Fine let ‘em file lawsuits then?

Take it up with the NCAA or the writer of the article

Shooting the messenger before reading though? Bad look

Fine let ‘em file lawsuits then?

Take it up with the NCAA or the writer of the article

Shooting the messenger before reading though? Bad look

I said they didnt get penalized and I was right. The show-cause for the assistant, I dont count. That's nothing.

Correct me if I am wrong here but their "penalty" is that the FSU collective cant be the "official FSU collective" for a couple years. It doesn't mean they cant continue to do what they are doing, deals-making wise. It just means that they cant put on their website "the official collective of the Noles" and cant advertise in the stadium. Or they can just make a new collective and do all that stuff.

So FSU gets fined, after being denied a rightful spot in the playoffs. Michigan gets no penalty at all for 2 years of cheating.

Sounds about right.
FSU was spared public humiliation. Alabama has their man and he’s much better than Debra Norville.

I said they didnt get penalized and I was right. The show-cause for the assistant, I dont count. That's nothing.

Correct me if I am wrong here but their "penalty" is that the FSU collective cant be the "official FSU collective" for a couple years. It doesn't mean they cant continue to do what they are doing, deals-making wise. It just means that they cant put on their website "the official collective of the Noles" and cant advertise in the stadium. Or they can just make a new collective and do all that stuff.
FSU can flaunt their compliance. They just add "un" to everything related to the collective. It is then "unofficial". Then add size 2 font disclaimers to everything that they don't endorse the collective while they endorse it.

FSU can flaunt their compliance. They just add "un" to everything related to the collective. It is then "unofficial". Then add size 2 font disclaimers to everything that they don't endorse the collective while they endorse it.

Yea, its nothing. I dont think they are allowed to call it their unofficial collective though. Probably cant advertise it all but so what. Maybe they lose a few donations because people dont see the ads in the stadium but really though? Or they can just start a new collective. If this is ALL that is going to happen for getting caught doing pay for play, then its just whack a mole. If Alliance 412 gets caught. No biggie. Welcome Alliance Four One Two. Then when they get caught, the new collective can be the 412 Alliance. These penalties are so stupid, I wished they wouldn't even levy them.

Reactions: USN_Panther
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT