ADVERTISEMENT

FSU

BurghGuy68

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Nov 28, 2002
A team that is overrated in the top 10 thinks a team that is only receiving votes is overrated. Go figured...

Pittsburgh Panthers​

FSU hasn’t played the Pittsburgh Panthers since the 2020 COVID season, which saw the Panthers run through a terrible FSU team that had a true freshman QB playing for much of the game after Jordan Travis got hurt.

The Panthers finished the 2022 season 9-4, with a 37-35 win over UCLA in the Sun Bowl. Pittsburgh will have a new quarterback, Boston College’s Phil Jurkovec, who FSU fans should be familiar with. He’ll reunite with his former offensive coordinator at BC, Frank Cignetti Jr..

Pitt lost their best running back, but returns three offensive line starters and their top two receivers and tight end. Pitts defense is usually what gives most folks pause when wondering if they will pose a viable threat to FSU.

However, they lost six starters and ACC Defensive Player of the Year, Calijah Kancey. They return both starting linebackers and some guys in the secondary.

The defense ranked No. 22 in advanced metrics last season, with a dominant rushing defense and guys that could get after the QB.

Even with that, the passing defense wasn’t great, and I expect that unit to take a step back in 2023.

I’ve said for the past two years, Jurkovec doesn’t scare me, and I don’t think he’s as good as some like to project. I know this game is on the road, but this game doesn’t scare me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News