ADVERTISEMENT

Gary Patterson of TCU comments on transfer portal

I'm happy (in principle) to see the players benefit and I think this does that for them.

Happy to see the blue bloods lose players. Though, it'll be easy for them to absorb that, because it'll hardly ever be players they'd really miss (so it probably actually helps them, by opening up scholarships).

Happy it pisses off control freak jerk coaches from blue bloods.

But wont be happy when it happens to Pitt. Unlike the blue bloods, it'll likely happen more with players we don't want to lose, not our failed backups.

Like my Ffrench example above, a guy like him, is our only dynamic player on offense and special teams. Maybe, but only maybe, there's others who will emerge but it sure doesn't look like it at the moment. With no restrictions at all, he would be a great candidate to be coaxed away to any old blue blood needing a good KR for one year and willing to line his pockets. Situations like that'll suck.

We'll see how much of each happens in coming years, I guess.
Would he leave pitt where he is guaranteed to start at wr to go to a blue blood where he no way would start but would return kicks? I don’t see how that’s a smart move for him in any way.

Would he leave pitt where he is guaranteed to start at wr to go to a blue blood where he no way would start but would return kicks? I don’t see how that’s a smart move for him in any way.
With 8-yard-Kenny all but guaranteed to start? I dunno.

And if given the pitch "you can make big returns in NC playoff games and other games that are guaranteed prime time every week", plus a Maserari Quattroporte lease... it might carry the day

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT