ADVERTISEMENT

GDG Post Game Quote

pittbb80

Chancellor
Oct 9, 2004
“I’m sad, not for me, for these guys,” said freshman forward Guillermo Diaz Graham, who started, played 34 minutes and recorded 11 points, eight rebounds and three blocks in place of starter Federiko Federiko.

“Amazing guys,” Diaz Graham said, referring to Jamarius Burton, Greg Elliott, Nelly Cummings and Nike Sibande. “I think that’s why I’m so hurt. They have been so good to me. So grateful for them and so hurt because they have to leave. We formed such a good family here. Realizing that they have to leave is really, really hard.”

The theme all season has been togetherness and unselfishness, two traits that weren’t always evident in the Pitt locker room in recent seasons. Hinson, a first-year transfer, said it was real.

“The teamwork thing isn’t just a gimmick,” he said. “Loving your teammate isn’t just something coaches say. It’s real, and it helps you win, for sure.”

I think all Pitt fans feel the same way. It’s sad knowing we won’t get to watch this special group of young men again in a Pitt Uni. Best wishes to them in their future endeavors.

My favorite moment of the year…

At the Syracuse game….

The Fisch bucket at the end was great, but the twins were absolutely outside of their minds with excitement.

There is an angle of GDG playing defense…or trying to play…. on the next posession but unable to stop jumping up and down.

While the game was still going.

Not sure I’ve ever seen anyone in full celebration while playing still. This team really loved each other…one of my favorite Pitt teams.

Minor Edit: I think that was actually Jorge, but another thing I loved. Couldn’t tell the difference sometimes.

My favorite moment of the year…

At the Syracuse game….

The Fisch bucket at the end was great, but the twins were absolutely outside of their minds with excitement.

There is an angle of GDG playing defense…or trying to play…. on the next posession but unable to stop jumping up and down.

While the game was still going.

Not sure I’ve ever seen anyone in full celebration while playing still. This team really loved each other…one of my favorite Pitt teams.

Minor Edit: I think that was actually Jorge, but another thing I loved. Couldn’t tell the difference sometimes.
Was Jorge

I think 1 key word jumps out on Guillermo's quote: Family. These guys formed a family on the court and in practice. That's built on maturity and class. This group of Pitt players has both qualities. Good luck to them in whatever they do in the future. And One final HAIL TO PITT to them and everyone for a great year.

“I’m sad, not for me, for these guys,” said freshman forward Guillermo Diaz Graham, who started, played 34 minutes and recorded 11 points, eight rebounds and three blocks in place of starter Federiko Federiko.

“Amazing guys,” Diaz Graham said, referring to Jamarius Burton, Greg Elliott, Nelly Cummings and Nike Sibande. “I think that’s why I’m so hurt. They have been so good to me. So grateful for them and so hurt because they have to leave. We formed such a good family here. Realizing that they have to leave is really, really hard.”

The theme all season has been togetherness and unselfishness, two traits that weren’t always evident in the Pitt locker room in recent seasons. Hinson, a first-year transfer, said it was real.

“The teamwork thing isn’t just a gimmick,” he said. “Loving your teammate isn’t just something coaches say. It’s real, and it helps you win, for sure.”

I think all Pitt fans feel the same way. It’s sad knowing we won’t get to watch this special group of young men again in a Pitt Uni. Best wishes to them in their future endeavors.
gotta think that nice young man Dior will treat them much the same way next year...

Love the Diaz Graham twins. I rooted for them all season of course, but mainly because they were Panthers. But then I heard them on the Jeff Capel show about a month and a half ago and really got a sense for who they are as people. These are two great kids and we are lucky to have them in the blue & gold (and sometimes black). I feel the same way about Fede. He seems like a great kid as well. Hopefully the departing seniors have made the kind of impression on them that carries on. One of the best things about our run in the Howland/Dixon era was the team culture. It is also one of the best things that Narduzzi has going with the football program. Let's hope that this year's basketball team culture becomes the standard here at Pitt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT