ADVERTISEMENT

Georgetown - xavier

snaphook297

Freshman
Dec 19, 2020
Pittsburgh
No one in the house tonight in the capitol arena . Man does Georgetown stink and Patrick ewing is sporting a 26-61 record in the Big East . Of course its nice to see sean miller keeping a seat warm until heather scoops him up for next year

BballInsider might be able to answer this, but the one wrench in the Odom plan could be Georgetown. I don’t have a good read on the direction they’d go or even if Ewing is going to step down (they can’t fire him), but his success at UMBC would make him an interesting candidate. That can be a top 15 job in the country with the right coach.

Georgetown is definitely improved from last season, they’re still lousy but there has been some progress.

BballInsider might be able to answer this, but the one wrench in the Odom plan could be Georgetown. I don’t have a good read on the direction they’d go or even if Ewing is going to step down (they can’t fire him), but his success at UMBC would make him an interesting candidate. That can be a top 15 job in the country with the right coach.
I have no clue about Georgetown (that should be my next podcast after some research) but Odom would seem to be a few shades light to be a candidate there. I’m gonna do some research after coffee and get back to you

I’ll have a pod to listen to later in the day regarding Georgetown if you’re interested, follow/message me.

Reactions: TheLogicalTake
it’s up. Type in the search firm on spotify

Reactions: TheLogicalTake
I think you are overestimating the G’Town job. I lived in the DC area in the early to mid 2000’s and Maryland basketball was the top dog. Georgetown’s facilities weren’t very good and their fan base isn’t anything to write home about. Pitt fans took over the arena when we played them. I can’t imagine it being much better the further they move away from the G’Town heyday of the 80’s.

I think you are overestimating the G’Town job. I lived in the DC area in the early to mid 2000’s and Maryland basketball was the top dog. Georgetown’s facilities weren’t very good and their fan base isn’t anything to write home about. Pitt fans took over the arena when we played them. I can’t imagine it being much better the further they move away from the G’Town heyday of the 80’s.
Agreed, not sure it can every recapture big John’s magic.

Beyond just being a big dog in the best conference, there weren’t many African American coaches who were taking second chances on kids like he was.

Agreed, not sure it can every recapture big John’s magic.

Beyond just being a big dog in the best conference, there weren’t many African American coaches who were taking second chances on kids like he was.

Enjoyed the podcast, interesting stuff. Cooley and Amaker have always been the popular names, but I agree, Cooley is a pipe dream. I think he’s hit his ceiling at PC but I can’t see him staying in conference if/when he does leave. Boynton was an interesting name that I hadn’t thought of previously. He’d be great at a program closer to his East Coast roots, so that would be an intriguing candidate.

As for the idea the coach has to be African American, I’m not sure I totally buy that. I understand the history there as well as the culture of the conference as the Big East I believe has the highest percentage of minority HC’s of the power conferences, but I don’t think they’re bound to that at this stage. Dan Hurley was in play for the job last time around, might’ve even been a finalist with Ewing if my memory isn’t failing me, but that was going to be Ewing’s gig if he wanted it. The college game is more fun when Georgetown is relevant so hopefully the next hire gets that program together.

Enjoyed the podcast, interesting stuff. Cooley and Amaker have always been the popular names, but I agree, Cooley is a pipe dream. I think he’s hit his ceiling at PC but I can’t see him staying in conference if/when he does leave. Boynton was an interesting name that I hadn’t thought of previously. He’d be great at a program closer to his East Coast roots, so that would be an intriguing candidate.

As for the idea the coach has to be African American, I’m not sure I totally buy that. I understand the history there as well as the culture of the conference as the Big East I believe has the highest percentage of minority HC’s of the power conferences, but I don’t think they’re bound to that at this stage. Dan Hurley was in play for the job last time around, might’ve even been a finalist with Ewing if my memory isn’t failing me, but that was going to be Ewing’s gig if he wanted it. The college game is more fun when Georgetown is relevant so hopefully the next hire gets that program together.
Yeah it doesn’t have to be, but I think that helps them some. I did name some white coaches too! Lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT