ADVERTISEMENT

Glad I stopped going to Pitt games years ago.

HailtoPitt

Board of Trustee
Jun 18, 2001
This game is a prime example of why I just said "eff it." I know I will be called out but I don't care. Just when you think Pitt is putting something together... Whoosh the rug is pulled from under and you smack your head on the concrete. Got sick of getting excited for games, only to sit in the stands with that stomach turning feeling of dread.

Unfortunately, this is Pitt football.

This game is a prime example of why I just said "eff it." I know I will be called out but I don't care. Just when you think Pitt is putting something together... Whoosh the rug is pulled from under and you smack your head on the concrete. Got sick of getting excited for games, only to sit in the stands with that stomach turning feeling of dread.

I don’t think you are alone.

Did the same. Nothing is worse the driving 7-8 hours home after a horrible loss. It's not entertaining. Pitt football is not entertaining.

Did the same. Nothing is worse the driving 7-8 hours home after a horrible loss. It's not entertaining. Pitt football is not entertaining.

Oh but it is! Now treat it as if watching a circus. Only thing missing is the clown/carnival music.

• Haha
Reactions: brewbuzzn
34 years for me, stopped this year, excitement for team is almost always gone by third game, with either a blowout or inexcusable loss. The long drive, atmosphere outside stadium is subpar compared to other colleges (due to tailgating/parking rules) and those endless darn noon kickoffs, The coach still sleeping through most of the game. I have two college age boys. They quit going also, lack of enthusiasm and SOP.

Reactions: 33Rocks

It's still fun to go down to the stadium and support the team....although they do make it hard sometimes.

Reactions: brewbuzzn
I can't usually go to most games due to my kids' sports activities on Saturdays. But I usually try to attend the random night or Thursday game. It's a little difficult to get excited for Pitt football anymore, to be honest. There is a lot going on in life and it's been such a letdown over the years. I'll always root for Pitt but the level of intensity has waned. I think you see enough games like today's and the losing stops bothering you as much. Probably the same way for most of the fanbase.

im right there with ya. used to pay for premium sites and follow everything on twitter. kept getting disappointed so gave it all up. i take off for games in nc cause i live here, but this year i may opt to enjoy spending a weekend with my family than go to duke .

Reactions: Ski
Long time season ticket holder, over 40 plus years. This year I gave them up. Might have been the ND game last year or just 6 years of mediocrity. It's evident Narduzzi is just not a good HC. The arrogance has turned me, especially the Canada comments. Guy thinks more highly of himself than his abilities as a HC. Don't miss it, really don't. Didn't follow spring or fall stuff and enjoying a Saturday afternoon with family is much more fun than subjecting myself to a mediocre product and leadership unwilling to make changes and reward it instead, Might come back if the program makes significant changes, starting with Narduzzi Won't hold my breath. Don't punish yourself over this product, it is what it is. If you can tolerate it fine, but at some point you may see the light and spend Saturday's detaching from the hype and frustrations and put more important things in front of you. We should deserve excellence and not accept mediocrity.

Last edited:
I am surprised how cocky he is considering how mediocre he's been. He also seems very self absorbed and set in his ways. I could be wrong especially since I know the players love him. But he just seems unnecessarily obnoxious

After today you won’t get an argument from me about Narduzzi not being the right guy. But we were coming off a win against Tennessee and the place is dead. The same thing happened after we beat Clemson.

I am surprised how cocky he is considering how mediocre he's been. He also seems very self absorbed and set in his ways. I could be wrong especially since I know the players love him. But he just seems unnecessarily obnoxious
100%. Would be a little more tolerable had he accomplished anything (please spare me the winning the coastal division bullshi**).

But he carries himself and acts in pressers as if he’s Nick Saban or Dabo Swinney. At least they’ve earned their dickheadedness.

Spent a combined 8 hours traveling and attending today's game. I can't even say I was upset they lost because they do the same thing every year. No surprised at all the crowd was so small. Anytime this team even starts to taste success they promptly go out an lose a game they're supposed to win.

But he carries himself and acts in pressers as if he’s Nick Saban or Dabo Swinney. At least they’ve earned their dickheadedness.
Actually, Narduzzi should go spend a year was an Assistant Coach with the Nictator, as he successfully rehabilitates most wayward Coaches. Even Bill O’Brien, who was the Ped State and an NFL Coach took the Nictator Rehabilitation Assistant Coaching Gig this Season. It seems to have worked for Lane Kiffin(although not sure why he would take a HC Position in the SEC West).

4 of us gave up our tickets after many many years of mediocraty. Wanny had us excited until he kept kicking to Marty Gilyard. Graham had us excited with his pedal to the metal talk, but Penni's family in other states got in the way. Chryst had us excited with his road graders up front, but he was learning on the job. Narduzzi had us excited with his hiring presser and we thought he would advance the program and put people in the seats. We were wrong and have decided it's no longer entertaining.

Long time season ticket holder, over 40 plus years. This year I gave them up. Might have been the ND game last year or just 6 years of mediocrity. It's evident Narduzzi is just not a good HC. The arrogance has turned me, especially the Canada comments. Guy thinks more highly of himself than his abilities as a HC. Don't miss it, really don't. Didn't follow spring or fall stuff and enjoying a Saturday afternoon with family is much more fun than subjecting myself to a mediocre product and leadership unwilling to make changes and reward it instead, Might come back if the program makes significant changes, starting with Narduzzi Won't hold my breath. Don't punish yourself over this product, it is what it is. If you can tolerate it fine, but at some point you may see the light and spend Saturday's detaching from the hype and frustrations and put more important things in front of you. We should deserve excellence and not accept mediocrity.
This type of message from a 40 Years Season Ticket Holder needs to be sent immediately to AD HL. When Wanna was fired, I knew it was coming due to lack of fans interested in attending games. Once people stop coming to games, it forces a Coaching Change.

I have been critical of recruiting, but seeing how bad the home crowds are most games, I think PITT actually recruits better than we can expect. The NIL will only further separate the Big Alumni Based Colleges from the Smaller ones like PITT in getting the 4 & 5 Star Recruits. The Bama and incoming tOSU QBs have secured over 1 Million Dollars NIL Deals, while Kenny Pickett(who I have come to admire his toughness and work ethic to improve) lands free meals from a local restaurant and a few other smaller deals. Try recruiting against the advantages of the Big Alumni Based Colleges. Only Da U with the right Coach can compete for Top Recruits due to their location in DeathSantistan(Our Funeral Homes are out of Caskets, can interest you in a Cremation Plan?).

I like Narduzzi, but his OC hires are out of step with the current College Game offensively, and hiring an OC that runs some variation of the RPO, allows your Defense to work against it during practices. Tennessee would have easily beat PITT, if Milton could have connected on at least 2 of the 5 Long Passes which he overthrew his WRs, as it would have not only lead to more early TDs, but also would have opened up their Running Game. Heupal called the right plays early, but his QB did not execute them well.

Narduzzi is not a good coach! A good coach adapts to his personell. He doesn’t change his scheme at all, he’s too stubborn. You can’t be stubborn when you’re continuously 6-6. We have seen the same BS over and over. If our Dline can’t get pressure, we get smoked. It’s an embarrassment to be a Pitt fan! This was the year to change our legacy…but as we saw today, we still suck!

Reactions: WannyandWalt
After today you won’t get an argument from me about Narduzzi not being the right guy. But we were coming off a win against Tennessee and the place is dead. The same thing happened after we beat Clemson.
I prefer going to road games. They feel more alive.

I was on the golf course two weeks ago and today. Will be on golf course next Saturday as well. Still pay for tix and donate. After 25 years I’ve had enough. Will always support Pitt. See you at homecoming. No
Matter how good Pitt might become you will always be able to get tickets.

As I've gone from a young man to professional to married man to dad I've had less and less time to give to Pitt and Pitt content. And during that time Pitt seems to have offered me less and less return for my investment.

Just 2 years ago I consumed everything: all the games, every single thread here, all of Peak's podcasts (and drive home episodes), articles, everything. Now I find myself giving up and not even watching the games once they pack it in for the season since I have so many competing obligations. And it's happening earlier and earlier. Last year I skipped the ND, Clemson, and GT games. This year I'm probably done after week 3. Just too much stuff going on to keep wasting half of my free days on this team. It's too sad.

There was actually decent noise on the 3rd down plays by WMU at the end of the game, and some other moments as well. Tough to get excited about what was going on for most of the game though.

But unhappy valley has 100k plus. I moved to SC, but I would have been there. At least for a while….ha

Pitt need to work and make a conscious effort to win its fans back by winning. Very little difference for me between cal U, slimy pebble and Pitt. All are inferior products. With the other teams, at least there are no delusions of grandeur.

Reactions: WannyandWalt
Actually, Narduzzi should go spend a year was an Assistant Coach with the Nictator, as he successfully rehabilitates most wayward Coaches. Even Bill O’Brien, who was the Ped State and an NFL Coach took the Nictator Rehabilitation Assistant Coaching Gig this Season. It seems to have worked for Lane Kiffin(although not sure why he would take a HC Position in the SEC West).
Kiffin has always been a helluva coach.

Most of the coaches in his rehab just go on to get good contracts and go on being mediocre. Not many of his assistants have went on to have a lot of success.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT