ADVERTISEMENT

Good win.

Gunga_Galunga

Heisman Candidate
Jan 12, 2017
Nice to get a dominant conference win on the road.

Absolutely dominating performance by the D. 144 yards against, 8 sacks and 2 pick sixes. Couldn't script it any better.

Let's keep it rolling next week.

The miserable schlubs need not post in this thread.

Last edited:
It’s always a good win when Pitt beats a conference opponent on the road by 30 points.

Some of these posters are just miserable SOB’s. Probably the same people that complained when Dixon beat a conference opponent, but it wasn’t pretty enough for them.

Nice to get a dominant conference win in the road.

Absolutely dominating performance by the D. 144 yards against, 8 sacks and 2 puck sixes. Couldn't script it any better.

Agree, huge win for us. The past 2 games with a more healthy D you can see how the team is playing a lot better.

I mean Virginia is terrible but we did to them what we should have

hard to believe it was the same QB who threw for 400+ yards last year against us and almost pulled out a victory, if not for an all-time great game by addison. Looked like two different players.

I know the byu coach left but Armstrong looks like an alien replacement or something. Wow

Duzz does what he does. He is like a poor man's James Franklin. He beats the really really bad teams just like James. Loses to the really good teams, just like James. The difference is that Franklin recruits much better so he beats all the mid-tier teams. Duzz splits with those teams.

I know the byu coach left but Armstrong looks like an alien replacement or something. Wow
Bronco Mendenhall is a really good coach, he will win anywhere he goes. Virginia was in bad shape when he got there and he turned that program around. Without him I think they are going to struggle.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Duzz does what he does. He is like a poor man's James Franklin. He beats the really really bad teams just like James. Loses to the really good teams, just like James. The difference is that Franklin recruits much better so he beats all the mid-tier teams. Duzz splits with those teams.

You didn't hear? Syracuse was a legit top 20 quality win. They're looking solid tonight.

Virginia lost 4 out of 5 starters on their offensive line in the off-season to transferring. It has been a sieve all year long. In fact, they were 105th in the country in sacks given up going into this game. I imagine they'll be close to 120th after giving up 8 more this afternoon. Armstrong was pressured on almost 40% of his dropbacks going into this game as well. They're just a bad team in general and we matched up very well against them.

Reactions: TD_6082
Virginia lost 4 out of 5 starters on their offensive line in the off-season to transferring. It has been a sieve all year long. In fact, they were 105th in the country in sacks given up going into this game. I imagine they'll be close to 120th after giving up 8 more this afternoon. Armstrong was pressured on almost 40% of his dropbacks going into this game as well. They're just a bad team in general and we matched up very well against them.

They were also playing without basically every offensive weapon they have. But Gabe Houy was out, so it's a wash.

Especially with the two pick 6 forcing them to throw every down, or else surrender. They oddly kind of did both from there. Only our frustrating offense after the first quarter kept it as respectable as it was. They were lucky to be playing us, really. Another foe would have taken out frustrations of the season and gone for 70.

Especially with the two pick 6 forcing them to throw every down, or else surrender. They oddly kind of did both from there. Only our frustrating offense after the first quarter kept it as respectable as it was. They were lucky to be playing us, really. Another foe would have taken out frustrations of the season and gone for 70.

Speaking of pent-up frustrations, you know it's been a rotten season when the um, optimists are using a win against a 3-7 team to stand on the mountaintops and flex.

Reactions: mas1021
You didn't hear? Syracuse was a legit top 20 quality win. They're looking solid tonight.
Guess who their OC is? Same guy who supposedly made Armstrong and several of our fans were salivating over because of Cuse's success a few weeks ago.

Funny how things go. Apparently he forgot how to be an OC.

Reactions: TD_6082
Nice to get a dominant conference win in the road.

Absolutely dominating performance by the D. 144 yards against, 8 sacks and 2 puck sixes. Couldn't script it any better.

Yes a dominating day by the D. Kancey was a monster. It’s crazy that some doubt if he can play in the NFL.

Has any D1 team ever started a game with back to back pick 6’s on the first 2 plays of the game?

Means hasn’t done much all year so it was nice to see him have a good game. He seems to have the physical tools…

Okunlola and Baer got their first action at the end. The staff expects big things from these 2 down the line.

Speaking of pent-up frustrations, you know it's been a rotten season when the um, optimists are using a win against a 3-7 team to stand on the mountaintops and flex.
It is always nicer to win than lose, and preferably do so comfortably. We did that today, and in games past we have not. We’re just playing out the string either way, so may as well win.

It is always nicer to win than lose, and preferably do so comfortably. We did that today, and in games past we have not. We’re just playing out the string either way, so may as well win.
And our offense managed only 2 TD's and 3 FG's. Our D scored just as many TDs

Agree with all that. I'm very much enjoying watching this defense right now. Wish we could become a more complete team, but fixing this offense simply isn't on the table for this season. Hope riding the defense to the finish line doesn't validate certain things in Duzz's head, so it's a balancing act from here on out, which is kind of a shame. But I'll be there next week hoping for us to pull off what would be our best win of the season. Did see Baer maul somebody today, so that's a good thing.

Yes a dominating day by the D. Kancey was a monster. It’s crazy that some doubt if he can play in the NFL.

Has any D1 team ever started a game with back to back pick 6’s on the first 2 plays of the game?

Means hasn’t done much all year so it was nice to see him have a good game. He seems to have the physical tools…

Okunlola and Baer got their first action at the end. The staff expects big things from these 2 down the line.
I happened to hear Duzz pregame morning interview with Bostick. He specifically mentioned they need to get Bub involved. They went to home early.

Guess who their OC is? Same guy who supposedly made Armstrong and several of our fans were salivating over because of Cuse's success a few weeks ago.

Funny how things go. Apparently he forgot how to be an OC.

Yep. Just a few weeks ago, Robert Anae was getting a regular tounge bath. It's almost like talent matters.

Reactions: Gunga_Galunga
Georgia tech beat Pitt. Really Really bad team

It is much easier to recruit to Ped St, so they have a talent advantage on everyone not named Ohio State and equal talent to Michigan.

Reactions: ShipofFools
And WMU last year. That's why he's a poor man's Franklin. Duzz loses a game like that once in awhile. Franklin rarely loses to teams he recruited better than taking away the Covid year
Franklin normally has one of those a year. I could see them flopping vs Michigan State in a few weeks

So beating 2 top 10 ten teams and the national champions in Clemson and Penn state in the same year makes your post stupid as usual

I was impressed with our defense, but the offense in the second half didn’t seem to look good at all. I guess uva made adjustments, but offensively we have got to put the hammer down and just show some dominance. No idea what the hell is wrong with Armstrong, but he was just not good.

dominating win on the road in the ACC, what's not to like? Not standing on a mountaintop or anything, but I am enjoying a win that keeps the slight hopes of a 9 win season and top 25 ranking alive.

Not ready to call this season a disappointment until the 9 wins (which is most likely needed for a final ranking) is off the table.

I mean Virginia is terrible but we did to them what we should have
It can be strange. UVA took N Carolina right to the wire and lost by 3 just last week. They also lost that weird 3 OT game in which no td’s were scored by either team , 14-12, just the week before that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT