ADVERTISEMENT

"Great Players"

Zombieking

Sophomore
Gold Member
Apr 1, 2009
Let me start by saying how refreshing it is to see coach Duzz speak with emotion and give true insight. I really do believe that we have upgraded significantly in almost every area (recruiting, "coaching" players, putting them in position to win etc.) but I guess that's to be seen.

That being said, I think we do have to give Chryst credit for getting high quality players as people. I believe that a lot of our problems resulted from the lack of ability of some position coaches to "coach up" than actually recognizing potential talent, and getting "pitt" guys. You keep hearing narduzzi say how surprised he is by how great the kids are, and how there is definitely talent on the team.

If you look at our strongest areas, they are areas where we had the best "coaches." Offensive line, quarterback (although small group) running back, tight end. Our areas that struggled defense, and wide receiver were mostly "rookie" coaches, and I believe there play showed. I think our defensive backs have the ability to be a strong unit, I just don't think they were coached or placed in positions to succeed.

Looking back I really think Chryst's biggest issues was not getting veteran coaches on defense. He tried and then clashed with our first d coordinator, and then I think was afraid to give up control and hired "yes man" coaches. I think Alvarez saw that and was pushing his d-coordinator, and there is evidence of chryst clashing again. Maybe he is a control freak, and doesn't act like the CEO as a head coach should.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News