ADVERTISEMENT

Great story about a local high school QB

Love this article for many reasons beyond the inspiring story:

- I cant remember another Arab football player, much less a QB.

- His top WR's name is Boy Boy Cain.

- His mom is CEO of Pgh Parks Conservancy. Can we get her to sell us the land between Hillman and Carnegie Library so we can build a stadium? Heather, get her on the phone.

Hunter Assad was a QB for both Brownsville and Cal who just recently graduated.

Jeff George is from a Syrian Christian background. They owned an Arab grocery store in Indianapolis. A lot of Lebanese and Syrians are pretty fair skinned. So technically Pitt has had an Arab American QB (Jeff George Jr.) The man from the fake punt debacle..

Reactions: steelcurtain55.

Interesting. Cal U?

Is Brownsville football back in the WPIAL? What a fall they had. They were really good in the 90s as a bigger school. 20 years later, they are getting beaten by 50 by girls teams.

Those the ASSAD's that run that scrap metal/recycling empire in Brownsville? I thought they were Coptic/Christian.

Jeff George is from a Syrian Christian background. They owned an Arab grocery store in Indianapolis. A lot of Lebanese and Syrians are pretty fair skinned. So technically Pitt has had an Arab American QB (Jeff George Jr.) The man from the fake punt debacle..
That doctored jersey he wore for the fake punt should be in a museum somewhere.

Reactions: MarshallGoldberg
Love this article for many reasons beyond the inspiring story:

- His top WR's name is Boy Boy Cain.

- His mom is CEO of Pgh Parks Conservancy. Can we get her to sell us the land between Hillman and Carnegie Library so we can build a stadium? Heather, get her on the phone.
SMF
I don't agree with you on many things, but I agree 100% with you on this.

If you go back several decades, Pat Risha (later notorious as a coach and administrator) was a lineman at Uniontown.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT