ADVERTISEMENT

Great weekend for Pitt at the draft - good call/bad call

jlazinger

Senior
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2011
I wonder if this is going to change as we get deeper into NIL with allowing players to come back. Here are my thoughts:
  • Good call - Kancey - No surprise but he's our latest first rounder and he went in the top 20. A lot of good attacking DTs came through Tampa.
  • Good call - Izzy - even though he only went in round 5, I think he had to leave. His stock couldn't have improved much and he could only have gotten hurt/more tread on the tires.
  • Good call - Dennis - I don't think his stock could have improved much and going into another year.
  • Good call - Hallet - I get the sense that his size would always have held him back so not much to improve there.
  • Bad call - Hill - I can't imagine that he wouldn't have at least gone on more rounds higher if he came back and had a few more splash plays.
  • Bad call - Haba - this one is tough because he was essentially told he's going to lose playing time and likely would have had to transfer. Can't have 2 sacks in 9 games and think you'll get drafted.
  • Bad call - Jared Wayne - I think if he comes back with a much better QB, he has another good year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News