ADVERTISEMENT

Hammond out for the season no reason given

yep, we have a RB who might be all of 5'8" as #1, and #2 is Davis who never had the look of a RB in high school or through his college career thus far.

Maybe the new offense won't require a RB running between the tackles much, since Davis and Reid don't strike me as that type of back. Hope the freshmen will step up.

This being ruled ineligible at the last moment is similar to what happened with iowa and iowa state with the gambling scandals. So that would be my tentative guess.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
This is very clearly for a failed "test" and not of the academics variety. Pitt is one of the few programs doing this kind of testing.

I am batting a thousand on these secret suspensions from Durand Johnson, Dior Johnson, Elijah Fields, etc.

This is easy to figure out:

- still on the team and can practice
- not academics because everyone is passed through
- no police report

Obviously a failed "test."

yep, we have a RB who might be all of 5'8" as #1, and #2 is Davis who never had the look of a RB in high school or through his college career thus far.

Maybe the new offense won't require a RB running between the tackles much, since Davis and Reid don't strike me as that type of back. Hope the freshmen will step up.

And Quinton Martin will be filling up water bottles for 2-3 years in Pennsyltucky. Dude hates to play football.

This is very clearly for a failed "test" and not of the academics variety. Pitt is one of the few programs doing this kind of testing.

I am batting a thousand on these secret suspensions from Durand Johnson, Dior Johnson, Elijah Fields, etc.

This is easy to figure out:

- still on the team and can practice
- not academics because everyone is passed through
- no police report

Obviously a failed "test."

I don't think Pitt is suspending anyone for the season for the Devil's Lettuce. I think it has to be PEDs.

I was shocked he didn't transfer after last season's under-usage debacle. So that very well could be it. He might have looked at this year's [likely-to-be atrocious] offense and said, "I'm not going out like that."

Not it. They wouldn't have declared him ineligible. They would have sent he left the team for personal reasons

I don't think Pitt is suspending anyone for the season for the Devil's Lettuce. I think it has to be PEDs.

It very well could be PED's but why even test for that? Pitt absolutely was suspending guys for weed before Covid. Not sure if they still test for that or not but Im sure they do because why not?

It very well could be PED's but why even test for that? Pitt absolutely was suspending guys for weed before Covid. Not sure if they still test for that or not but Im sure they do because why not?

I thought they usually gave a game for weed, though. A season would be nuts.

Isn't PED testing an NCAA, not a Pitt, thing? I could be wrong on that, but I don't see how it couldn't be the case. I just can't imagine what it would be that would be Pitt shooting itself in the foot voluntarily... again.

If it's gambling or PEDs, though, I think we would know soon. ESPN has picked most of those up, I believe. I've seen them stream through "the bottom line" while watching other games.

Well there's thig thing called the transfer portal. Too bad he hasn't yet figured out how it works.
That’s my point…if hearing that he’s been passed over for the starting RB position, you can’t blame hime if he wants to leave.

I don’t know what the university would be trying to cover if that’s the case.

I thought they usually gave a game for weed, though. A season would be nuts.

Isn't PED testing an NCAA, not a Pitt, thing? I could be wrong on that, but I don't see how it couldn't be the case. I just can't imagine what it would be that would be Pitt shooting itself in the foot voluntarily... again.

If it's gambling or PEDs, though, I think we would know soon. ESPN has picked most of those up, I believe. I've seen them stream through "the bottom line" while watching other games.

Yea, it a game for first failed test then a season for the 2nd one. Did he miss a game at some point in his career?

That's for weed though. Perhaps Pitt suspends players for the season on the first offense for more serious failed tests. Pitt athletes are held to a much higher standard. Illinois's best basketball player raped a girl last year, Illinois kicked him off and then he sued the university to allow him back on the team pending the trial so they let him back and he lead Illinois to the Elite 8.

Wonder if he can appeal? I feel like every single person that appeals anything in college football wins.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT