ADVERTISEMENT

Hammond out for the season no reason given

Well there's thig thing called the transfer portal. Too bad he hasn't yet figured out how it works.

Perhaps he knows that the transfer portal isn't open now.

I'm mean everyone hasn't figured that out, so it might not be that. But it could be.

This is pretty disappointing to read. He was an important part of our offense and will be missed. Time for guys to step up.

Maybe, but if he wanted to transfer why let him remain on the team and take practice reps away from a future player or contributor, not to mention how that would look to the rest of the team. Narduzzi doesn't usually let guys come back who entered the portal, so this would be a major break from what he has done in the past by letting him stay on the team. Plus if he wants to transfer now then it is not the smartest move on his part as they could pull the NIL money and he would get nothing this year.
Its cover
He wants to transfer

On Narduzzi’s show that was dropped today he details every position- but glaringly omits discussing the RB’s …

Looks like he got caught driving with a suspended license earlier this year. I can't imagine that gets you booted for more than like a half unless Gabel wants the team to fail so she can move it to Florida (hopefully everyone gets the reference and doesn't think I'm serious about her moving the team).

Reactions: Iupswack
Looks like he got caught driving with a suspended license earlier this year. I can't imagine that gets you booted for more than like a half unless Gabel wants the team to fail so she can move it to Florida (hopefully everyone gets the reference and doesn't think I'm serious about her moving the team).
Lou Brown “still selling whitewalls”

• Haha
Reactions: mlvnsmly
The word on the street is that this is NIL related. There have been attempts to resolve it but in the end, both parties felt it was less risky to just sit out the season. Apparently there are actual rules.

NIL related??? What!!!

He better not get a dime if he’s still on the team only to hit the portal come December

The word on the street is that this is NIL related. There have been attempts to resolve it but in the end, both parties felt it was less risky to just sit out the season. Apparently there are actual rules.

No! No! No!

People. He is INELIGIBLE. He is STILL ON THE TEAM. The PG reported its not akademix. There are no police reports. It can ONLY be a failed test. This isnt hard.

This sounds identical to the situation with the basketball player (whose name escapes me) during one of Dixon’s last years.

Watching TCU-Stanford and saw it on the ESPN ticket. What the f is going on? This is news all of a sudden, less than 24 hours before opening day?

Perhaps he knows that the transfer portal isn't open now.

I'm mean everyone hasn't figured that out, so it might not be that. But it could be.
Exactly. I was being sarcastic & this was kinda my point. Had he wanted to transfer, he would have hit the portal last April. It was open for 2 weeks right after spring ball, which he did not participate in for reasons that have still not been disclosed to my knowledge. So chances are "wanting to transfer" has absolutely nothing to do with it, unless he hasn't figured out how the portal works. And I'm sure he has.

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
Maybe, but if he wanted to transfer why let him remain on the team and take practice reps away from a future player or contributor, not to mention how that would look to the rest of the team. Narduzzi doesn't usually let guys come back who entered the portal, so this would be a major break from what he has done in the past by letting him stay on the team. Plus if he wants to transfer now then it is not the smartest move on his part as they could pull the NIL money and he would get nothing this year.
You think he’s practicing ? C’mon

With all the online sports apps you can’t tell me there aren’t more than Hammond (if that’s what it is) putting money on his team to cover a spread, win/lose etc. college age kids with big NIL disposable income will spend it on dumb things.

It kinda hilarious how many here are quick to blame everyone but the player. It's obvious Hammond screwed up here. Whether it was PEDs or sports betting. It's a bummer. Hope he sorts it out.

Question is why are they not disclosing the reason ?
PN won’t because say what you want about him he has his players backs. The school might say but he won’t. PN, Rodney’s teammates, the school all did nothing this is 100% on Rodney & he should know better. As the post above you says think Iowa/Iowa St last season…

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
PN won’t because say what you want about him he has his players backs. The school might say but he won’t. PN, Rodney’s teammates, the school all did nothing this is 100% on Rodney & he should know better. As the post above you says think Iowa/Iowa St last season…
Exactly. And, if it's that it's a NCAA ruling and not a team discipline thing. Likely even happened a little while back and they had to wait for an eventual ruling from the NCAA. Likely why he was not discussed a ton summer camp even though he was practicing/participating.

Reactions: 4upmc
Exactly. And, if it's that it's a NCAA ruling and not a team discipline thing. Likely even happened a little while back and they had to wait for an eventual ruling from the NCAA. Likely why he was not discussed a ton summer camp even though he was practicing/participating.
What’s even worse is the school/Alliance 412 (so alum/fans) made a hefty financial commitment to the kid & this is how he acts smh

Its not team discipline because that would be listed as a suspension for violation of team rules. He is ineligible meaning he broke an NCAA rule.

Exactly. I was being sarcastic & this was kinda my point. Had he wanted to transfer, he would have hit the portal last April. It was open for 2 weeks right after spring ball, which he did not participate in for reasons that have still not been disclosed to my knowledge. So chances are "wanting to transfer" has absolutely nothing to do with it, unless he hasn't figured out how the portal works. And I'm sure he has.

I missed the sarcasm. My bad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT