ADVERTISEMENT

Harley pleased with the Linebackers so far

CougarClaws

Head Coach
Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
During Galambos' interview, he mentioned Coach Harley has told the unit they have exceeded his expectations mentally. This is a good sign IMO.

BTW, I am not one of the many here who want to simply discard Galambos out of frustration from his poor porformance last year. While I was quite unimpressed with his play, I noticed two things that gave me a little hope for his development.

First - he actually laid the wood a few times late in the season. Those big hits were exactly the kind of thing he was missing most of the year.

Second - whenever I would key in on him, and replay slow motion, it seemed like he was always hesitating to make the move toward the ball, as if he was unsure of himself. And even when he would take his initial steps toward the play, it was still hesitant, slow, and not anywhere close to the kind of explosion he is capable of. Those kind of things are the main reason he rarely made tackles close to the line, not foot speed IMO. I believe the D schemes may have hurt him more than most.

So I think this kid still has a fair amount of untapped potential that the new staff and schemes may bring out. If not, I am a big fan of Wirginis, and Folston is quite intriqing.

This post was edited on 3/21 3:20 PM by CougarClaws

LiveWire Galambos Interview

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News