ADVERTISEMENT

Has SI done a criminal report since 2011 where they dinged Pitt?

HailtoPitt

Board of Trustee
Jun 18, 2001
I am curious? Seems strange that they choose to do a report at the exact same time that a large a group of Pitt players had trouble with the law, and then would cease doing any such report since then.

I am curious? Seems strange that they choose to do a report at the exact same time that a large a group of Pitt players had trouble with the law, and then would cease doing any such report since then.
So I'm guessing you believe the fix was in, Ron Cook and the in house Nitters at the PG conspired with SI to screw Pitt? LOL!

Reactions: Toddy_Too_Hotty
So I'm guessing you believe the fix was in, Ron Cook and the in house Nitters at the PG conspired with SI to screw Pitt? LOL!

This was a report SI did for all programs, right? Why not do it periodically instead of just once?

It would be COOL having all thugs if we flaunted it and won championships, but it is embarrassing having them and sucking on the field.

Reactions: pittdan77
This was a report SI did for all programs, right? Why not do it periodically instead of just once?
Actually just the preseason Top 25
Which meant if they released it four months later with the final Top 25 for the season, Pitt wouldn’t have been on the list

Closest thing I’ve seen is that Outside the Lines report that I’ve linked a few times here

You didn't answer the question, was it purposely done to specifically target Pitt?

I don't know. I wanted to see where Pitt ranked compared to other schools more recently, and couldn't find an updated survey. I figured this was something done every year. It's not.

The Fulmer Cup tracks those stats.

The Fulmer Cup is a parody award that tracks the criminal achievements of various college football programs during the offseason and declares a "winner". It is open to all Division 1 football programs (FBS & FCS), and points are awarded based on the level of crime. The Fulmer Cup season started the minute the national title game is finished and ended the minute of the the first Saturday game of FBS Week 1.

The 12th Annual Fulmer Cup Rankings (FINAL)

Rank Program Pts Conf
1 Alcorn State 95 SWAC
2 Louisiana 72 Sun Belt
3 WKU 51 Conference USA
4 Michigan State 46 Big Ten
5 USF 41 American
6 Utah State 29 Mountain West
7 Illinois 23 Big Ten
8 Louisville 19 ACC
9t Old Dominion 18 Conference USA
9t Elon 18 CAA

Just noticed this great section of the Fulmer Cup:
The Coach Mike Haywood "Leading by Example" Award
Given to the coach or administrator who earns the most points and/or gets fired in the most embarrassing fashion. This award does not have to be awarded annually and is completely up to the Committee (also, after leaving the profession in 2010, Mike Haywood is back in coaching at FCS Texas Southern and does qualify for his own award).

Although he was not charged with any crime, Hugh Freeze wins this year for the exceptionally embarrassing way he managed to get fired. Frankly, he probably had some potential charges that were overlooked by the possible authorities involved.

However, if we're strictly going with people who've been charged, the easy choice would be the Baylor strength coach who was actually arrested on a prostitution charge.

Last edited:
It wasn't the report it was wimpy ass Pederson's response. He could have demanded Wannstedt make changes. And most of us were way more interested in the assistant coaches rising in quality - which would have meant more salary - and Pederson would have had to man up and tell the old ladies on the BOT to butt out. But he was incredibly craven and sorry. Blame Pederson for the sucession of 6-7 seasons (Chryst did manage to beat Bowling Green in the Detroit bowl)

That SI article was as ridiculous as some of our fans on here who wanted Sheard kicked off the team for getting into a fight that he didn’t even start.

Reactions: bwh05 and pierre93

No, I am sure one of the many PSU grads could have done it. one in every 117 degreed adults in the usa have a PSU degree, not that hard to believe that one such would be working at SI, and obviously have a grudge against Pitt

No, I am sure one of the many PSU grads could have done it. one in every 117 degreed adults in the usa have a PSU degree, not that hard to believe that one such would be working at SI, and obviously have a grudge against Pitt
LOL, you are mentally disturbed, unless you're being sarcastic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT