ADVERTISEMENT

Heading into Signing Day

Chris Peak

Lair Hall of Famer
Staff
Jun 19, 2004
Signing Day is tomorrow. Did you know that?

It's eerily quiet this time around. I won't go so far as to say "almost too quiet," because that implies that something big is about to happen. And I don't think anything big is about to happen.

Tomorrow, I expect Pitt to announce the signings of SirVocea Dennis and Nolan Ulizio, probably pretty early in the morning, and that will be it until MJ Devonshire announces around 9. If that goes Pitt's way, there will be another announcement; if not, I don't see anything else coming. I don't think there are any surprises lurking out there.

Mostly, I think this is due to a low number of available scholarships. We've seen Pitt make a late run at one or two recruits in January, but nothing ever progressed too far and the coaches really didn't have a lot to work with scholarship-wise. Once these guys are signed tomorrow, we'll roll out a new and updated Scholarship Board on what 2019 looks like (with the understanding that adding another grad transfer or losing any transfers could change things).

Of course, we'll have plenty of content for tomorrow, even if there isn't much in the way of Signing Day news. I'll be at Devonshire's announcement in the morning, and then in the afternoon we'll get a variety of interviews at Pitt: Pat Narduzzi, Mark Whipple, Chris Beatty, Liam Dick and Davis Beville will all be speaking with the media.

Reactions: 1hugegeek
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News