ADVERTISEMENT

Heather dug a hole she could not fill

so pitt cant get 1 / 10th of the money to build a volleball arena in land we already own but there are pitt fans that still are holding onto the dream that we can finance a new stadium?

I love it. fat drunk and stupid is absolutely the way to go thru life and this board proves it.. keep up the good work pitt fans.

You do realize there are far more people and companies who would contribute to a football stadium rather than volleyball, right? Maybe a football stadium is a bad idea but this travesty that is volleyball arena funding has nothing to do with it. Heather knew no one was donating to it. That's why she got Gallagher to sign off on funding it with bonds. Then when Gabel took over she hated that and probably told Heather to start raising money for it or she's out.

You do realize there are far more people and companies who would contribute to a football stadium rather than volleyball, right? Maybe a football stadium is a bad idea but this travesty that is volleyball arena funding has nothing to do with it. Heather knew no one was donating to it. That's why she got Gallagher to sign off on funding it with bonds. Then when Gabel took over she hated that and probably told Heather to start raising money for it or she's out.
all these rich pitt football fans, sitting on their wallets waiting to give it all away for a new stadium. They are huge fans but wont donate to the fotball program or NIL affiliated shells but they'll open up their bank accounts if we want a 700 million dollar stadium in oakland?

No, gonna be honest, i didnt know such a demographic existed. news to me.

Reactions: Las Panteras
yo, i went to the ysu scrimmage a few weeks back and since there were like 5,000 people there, i actually sat in those grey seats behind the endzones, with the cushiony seats. the upmc zone or whatever they call it.

Man oh man, they were sweet. my butt cheeks loved it. i was unaware of HTP's sensitive ass cheeks putting him on the spectrum, that's a new one to me.

Lets get him some risperdal pills and get him back to the Acc (the stadium nickname, not the conference), although we may have to limit his tailgating, we dont want him going nuts on these meds with 12 beers in him.. so i volunteer you to watch him if he pounds a 1/2 case pre-gamin..
Won’t be an issue
His rationale changes -
First it was firing SP- still didn’t attend
Then it was needing script logo- still won’t attend
Then it was the old colors - still won’t attend .

Club seats are very affordable at pitt .

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
They wont and they also wont .
Why would companies pay for a stadium when they can buy advertising a helluva lot cheaper seen by way more people twice a week ?

Holy shit

Why didn’t people and companies foot the bill for the current stadium ?

all these rich pitt football fans, sitting on their wallets waiting to give it all away for a new stadium. They are huge fans but wont donate to the fotball program or NIL affiliated shells but they'll open up their bank accounts if we want a 700 million dollar stadium in oakland?

No, gonna be honest, i didnt know such a demographic existed. news to me.

Little RMU raised $50 million for their basketball arena. Don't tell me that Pitt couldn't raise exponentially more than the $12 million Heather raised for the volleyball arena if they decided to build a football stadium. Just a guess here but I would say Pitt would be able to raise at least $200 million for a football stadium. Now, would it be worth it to debt finance the other half billion or so? I dont know. But they are debt financing $230 million for volleyball soooo....

“Strategic place to throw resources”….in the next major realignment only one sport will be considered in determining who is in or out…..football. Anyone who believes that Pitt playing in a rented, oversized stadium where the vagrants congregate in Pittsburgh will not be considered a negative factor in this realignment has no aptitude for strategic thinking which is precisely what you can say about the chancellor who greenlighted tearing down Pitt Stadium. Add to that, anyone who doesn’t believe that Pitt playing in that rented stadium doesn’t negatively impact recruiting and Pitt’s image as a major player in college FB is clueless. People obsess over NIL when they ought to be concerned about factors which will increase the odds of Pitt having a seat at the FB table when the smoke clears…that’s strategic thinking ….not obsessing completely about factors which may increase Pitt’s ability to compete in the near term but which may not even be relevant or which may completely change 5 years from now .

And for the above reasons, Victory Heights shouldn’t have been a top priority capital investment….Lyke got this message loud and clear and ignored it.
This post just reeks of 1998

It seems to me.....that if indeed there are donors willing to pony up a couple hundred mill for a new stadium, these cats are serious about Pitt being big time football

And yet at the same time, we are woefully behind in NIL funding.

Seems to me either there is a head scratching disconnect among these whales, or islander panther is clueless.

As for Heather, I think there was a common thread between her and Todd Graham.

Both were aware of Pitt’s traditions, history and reputation when they landed here. It was only when they went to work that they realized Pitt's commitment was fleeting.....

I often think its quite remarkable that Walt won the BE, Wanny won 10 games, PN has an ACC title and we are currently sniffing the 12 team tourney.....given how abysmal our donor base really is.

It seems to me.....that if indeed there are donors willing to pony up a couple hundred mill for a new stadium, these cats are serious about Pitt being big time football

Seems to me either there is a head scratching disconnect among these whales, or islander panther is clueless.
The only thing that was clueless and ultimate counterproductive was Heather Lyke’s schizophrenic position on NIL… you want to moan about Pitt’s NIL position, then start with her.

I keep reading these post and thinking that if there really are Pitt donors ready and willing to donate somewhere north of a half a billion dollars to Pitt athletics, but they have been holding all that money in reserve for literally decades now, that those people are just about the most pathetic people around.

The one, and probably only, way Pitt could ever get the kind of money it would take to build a stadium in Oakland (including all the expenses that would entail, not just for the base stadium) would be for Pitt to become a long term success in football. Which perhaps Pitt could do, if those people holding on to their money tighter than Scrooge McDuck had been using that all along to improve the program.

Of course the irony of that is that if we did have such a program, the need to move from a 68,000 seat stadium into a 45,000 seat stadium on campus would completely disappear. Quite the conundrum.

How much money do you think has been spent at this point? Probably most of it, I'd assume but I wonder if it would be better to just tear it down if we can save $100 million. I mean those teams actually do already have an adequate home venue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT