ADVERTISEMENT

Heather Lykes turn for her hostage negotiation video

Both narduzzi and Lyke couldn't be more low energy/grin and bear it with their "endorsements" of alliance 412.

Either get on board or bury your head in the sand. Those are the choices.
Sounds like the same choice for the athletic department and university. Expecting fans to continue supporting the Panther Club at the same level while also supporting A412 is a losing proposition.

Maybe Heather and the highly paid coaches can make a video of how they've endowed a bunch of scholarships out of their pocket so panther club donors can divert some of their contributions to NIL. They aren't immune to having some skin in the game.

Sounds like the same choice for the athletic department and university. Expecting fans to continue supporting the Panther Club at the same level while also supporting A412 is a losing proposition.

Maybe Heather and the highly paid coaches can make a video of how they've endowed a bunch of scholarships out of their pocket so panther club donors can divert some of their contributions to NIL. They aren't immune to having some skin in the game.

I dont think they even want fans to support the Panther Club anymore. They realize everything has to go to player salaries but they arent excited about that.

Pitt can't possibly compete long term with NIL. Especially without being in the BIG or SEC. That's the truth and thinking otherwise is burying your head in the sand.

Just go big and get a few great volleyball and soccer players and win a couple of championships. Because it's never happening in football.

I dont think they even want fans to support the Panther Club anymore. They realize everything has to go to player salaries but they arent excited about that.
Then priority seating for season tickets not be diverted to the panther club. Take the donations for tickets and automatically steer those to alliance 412

Should do that but right now that's against NCAA rules and if the NCAA finds out you are doing that, they might send you a mean email.

Just like pay for play is against the rules.

How about, show us your donation to A412 and receive a discount on your seating or parking donations. I could think of 10 more ways to do it if they were serious.

I can remember people, who have posted in this thread, arguing that the University couldn't solicit anything for A412, or have anything to do with them.

The fact of the matter is we need more corporate involvement. The University cannot expect average Joe Panther fan to buy, donate and then donate again to the NIL. Yes we need the NIL but we need someone to work on these NFL Alumni we have, the PNC of the world and not just the folks on this board. Nobody, that I know of, from a former Athlete has stepped up for NIL( AD but that wasn't NIL). The athletic department in prior administration has done a terrible job of alienating a large portion of our "heavy hitters."

Just like pay for play is against the rules.

How about, show us your donation to A412 and receive a discount on your seating or parking donations. I could think of 10 more ways to do it if they were serious.

I can remember people, who have posted in this thread, arguing that the University couldn't solicit anything for A412, or have anything to do with them.

Should juat make season tickets $1 + $499 required A412 donation. That's against NCAA rules for the next few years but so what, what's the NCAA going to do?

Then you go to the general university fund to backfill your lost revenue. And they go to the state to backfill. Or increase tuition costs. We gotta pay these dudes!

Ok. I am a contributor to A412. I understand "the game". But now I am seriously thinking about stopping donations. And really anyone should or at least voice some serious concerns. So many Pitt fans on here get on Pirates fans "Nutting Ball Washers" is what they call them when they buy tickets/merchandise. "Why would you support him when he is not going to try and win." Fair statement. So now let's look through a clear lenses at Pitt athletics, and the new NIL initiatives.

How on earth do you or especially should you expect people to contribute to this crap? When we are in hot pursuit of one of the most coveted basketball players in the transfer portal and alas, we see this picture from the other day. It is John Calipari and one of his assistants, in town. John Calipari is not just recruiting Adieu Theiro the basketball player in the portal, from Sewickley, but also recruiting 5 star Maleek Thomas. Who knows, maybe even stopped by to say "hello" to Jaland Lowe.

Anyways, who is with Cal at dinner, probably picking up the tab, only Pitt's most notable boosters, the broadcaster (Curtis Aiken) in Serafini's owned by former Pitt FB player Dean Caliguire's family. I mean, did they even understand how bad the optics are? This is called aiding and abetting the enemy. No wonder why Pitt's revenue sports sucks. You can talk about the grass roots fans being cheap all you want, but when you got your biggest supporters doing this, I mean could you see WVU boosters doing this if Huggins was still at Cincy and WVU and UC was battling for a player in the portal??

Tell me I am wrong here.

GMhXiNBXYAAMUXo

Ok. I am a contributor to A412. I understand "the game". But now I am seriously thinking about stopping donations. And really anyone should or at least voice some serious concerns. So many Pitt fans on here get on Pirates fans "Nutting Ball Washers" is what they call them when they buy tickets/merchandise. "Why would you support him when he is not going to try and win." Fair statement. So now let's look through a clear lenses at Pitt athletics, and the new NIL initiatives.

How on earth do you or especially should you expect people to contribute to this crap? When we are in hot pursuit of one of the most coveted basketball players in the transfer portal and alas, we see this picture from the other day. It is John Calipari and one of his assistants, in town. John Calipari is not just recruiting Adieu Theiro the basketball player in the portal, from Sewickley, but also recruiting 5 star Maleek Thomas. Who knows, maybe even stopped by to say "hello" to Jaland Lowe.

Anyways, who is with Cal at dinner, probably picking up the tab, only Pitt's most notable boosters, the broadcaster (Curtis Aiken) in Serafini's owned by former Pitt FB player Dean Caliguire's family. I mean, did they even understand how bad the optics are? This is called aiding and abetting the enemy. No wonder why Pitt's revenue sports sucks. You can talk about the grass roots fans being cheap all you want, but when you got your biggest supporters doing this, I mean could you see WVU boosters doing this if Huggins was still at Cincy and WVU and UC was battling for a player in the portal??

Tell me I am wrong here.

GMhXiNBXYAAMUXo
Ok, you’re wrong 😀

These people have been friends with Calipari for many years. It’s not Calipari’s fault that Pitt refused to hire him when they had the chance. Friendships last long after coaching is over.

Coaches go to dinner with other coaches all the time.

I don’t see a problem.

Ok, you’re wrong 😀

These people have been friends with Calipari for many years. It’s not Calipari’s fault that Pitt refused to hire him when they had the chance. Friendships last long after coaching is over.

I don’t see a problem.
Yeah, people inside of a sport become friends off of the field. Not unusual at all. The way people move around now, it's bad business to alienate people.

Yeah, people inside of a sport become friends off of the field. Not unusual at all. The way people move around now, it's bad business to alienate people.
Let's flip this. Let's say there was a top kid at NC State from Raleigh and he is entering the portal. And Jeff Capel was going down to visit him and rumors are it is down to Pitt, Duke and UNC. Do you think Duke's most prominent boosters and their broadcaster would be at dinner getting Pitt swag from Capel and posing a photo on Twitter?? There is no way that happens.

Ok, you’re wrong 😀

I don’t see a problem.

I always enjoy your posts meister, don't always agree with them and this is one of those times :)

You just can't have such prominent Pitt people sit with the opposition when he is in town to specifically take a recruit (or two) who you are in very hot pursuit of. Just a terrible look for Pitt.

I guarantee Lubrano would never sit down for dinner with Matt Rhule in Philly if they were both in pursuit of some hotshot QB from St. Joe's

Reactions: pittmeister
Let's flip this. Let's say there was a top kid at NC State from Raleigh and he is entering the portal. And Jeff Capel was going down to visit him and rumors are it is down to Pitt, Duke and UNC. Do you think Duke's most prominent boosters and their broadcaster would be at dinner getting Pitt swag from Capel and posing a photo on Twitter?? There is no way that happens.
Probably not because Duke fans are unhinged. Doesn't mean it wouldn't still happen.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
Possibly yes. I would expect Capel to be in touch with former friends.

Cal has been at Pitt basketball reunions. He's constantly kept in touch with people. He coached Curtis.

Complaints about having dinner with Cal are seriously up there with some of the stupidest things I've ever seen posted on these Pitt message boards, and that is saying a lot.

Last edited:

Tell me I am wrong here.

GMhXiNBXYAAMUXo
You're wrong

This is the truth. People on this board sound like the ownership of the Pittsburgh Pirates in the early 1990s. "Can you believe it that Bonds wants a long term deal of $3 million per year?! Good riddance!" And where did that attitude get the Buccos? They had the long streak of losing seasons in US sports history.

If Pitt isn't careful the same could happen to them.

Cal has been at Pitt basketball reunions. He's constantly kept in touch with people. He coached Curtis.

Complaints about having dinner with Cal are seriously up there with some of the stupidest things I've ever seen posted on these Pitt message boards, and that is saying a lot.

I will repost an answer I gave in another thread to Franb here:

This is a bad look for the university. You think it's okay that probably 2 hours earlier Cal is trashing Pitt to Thiero telling him why he shouldn't go there and then yucking it up over dinner with some of the more prominent representatives of Pitt?

And also....do you think Lubrano would meet Matt Rhule for dinner in Philly if PSU & Nebraska were both after some hotshot QB at St. Joe's?

You think it's okay that probably 2 hours earlier Cal is trashing Pitt to Thiero telling him why he shouldn't go there and then yucking it up over dinner with some of the more prominent representatives of Pitt?
Yeah. All is fair in love and war but at the end of the day, guys don't get worked up about that stuff. It's weird to think they're putting what they say to a HS kid in front of long-term friendships. More likely they had a good laugh about the BS they heard the other one was saying.

Reactions: ThePanthers
Both narduzzi and Lyke couldn't be more low energy/grin and bear it with their "endorsements" of alliance 412.
What exactly were they supposed to do?

I think people are reading way too much into these ads…

It’s the new reality

Reactions: ThePanthers

Say the board douche who thinks he knows all Pitt

Last edited:

Get over it Paco. This is a marketing failure 101. If you are so enthralled with your inner circle having a photo opp with someone in town competing against you, then stay out of organized crime.

Reactions: FireballZ
You've only been here since March and you're claiming this.....something seems a little strange here. PS what is a doiche?
Been here a lot longer than you think. Don't be fooled by March sign up date. Been on this board since Wyndel days lol lol and back in the early 2000's. I love how you guys measure someone on the internet by how many months. Maybe screen names have been changed to protect the innocent....

Get over it Paco. This is a marketing failure 101. If you are so enthralled with your inner circle having a photo opp with someone in town competing against you, then stay out of organized crime.
I don't know Cal; he was before my time with the team. But if I did, I wouldn't hesitate to go to dinner as these guys did.

You are going to have to disown a lot of Pitt basketball alumns, I can tell you that.

Some of the bubbles that posters live in are fascinating.

If what you said was true, the Yankees would be winning the World Series nearly every year. 14 years and counting.

Really now. I just checked the last three World Series winners (because I didn't even remember who they were) and compared to the current payroll. All three teams are in the top 6 of payroll. Plus, MLB has a luxury tax, which is a bit of a joke, but college football won't have anything like that. Be realistic. It's over for anyone not going to the Big or SEC.

Been here a lot longer than you think. Don't be fooled by March sign up date. Been on this board since Wyndel days lol lol and back in the early 2000's. I love how you guys measure someone on the internet by how many months. Maybe screen names have been changed to protect the innocent....
You tlak Wyndell, I am the oldest poster on this board.

• Haha
Reactions: WCC946
Calipari...... Serifini......Caliguire.......

I look at that photo of the table......the guy in the suit the Boss of Bosses.......

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT