ADVERTISEMENT

Henson out at MVU

Apr 30, 2017
Sammie Henson fired at WVU. May just be related to poor record but I have no specifics. Anybody know if they have any good commitments worth enlightening about Gavin and Co. and attending a school where one can do something in your spare time besides drinking alcohol?

This isn't good for Pitt. First name that came to mind was Kolat, but he may be too much like Henson. I think Pritzlaff would be a good hire, or maybe Jaggers. I think Hahn is staying at Cornell, but he would be good there too.

Add Scott Moore to the list of potential candidates.

Last edited:
Btw, I believe this is about not winning rather than indiscretions. This is a "school" that continues to employ Holgy and Huggy. If Henson was winning, he probably could have gotten away with a few indiscretions.

Yea, but the commits...do they have any high school talent that Pitt alumni should be talking to? Isn't there a kid from Waynesburgh that was supposed to go to WVU?

You mean Jackson HENSON? Well, I doubt he will go to WVU. Same weight as Matthews, and I suppose he'll go where his dad lands, or maybe just head to Missouri.

2017 recruits:
Noah Adams (Coal City, W.Va./Independence)
Nick Kiussis (Brunswick, Ohio/Brunswick)
Brenden McRill (Davison, Mich./Davison)
Sean Mullican (Myersville, Md./Middletown)
Luke Sorboro (Rootstown, Ohio/Rootstown).

2018 recruits:
Jackson Henson (Morgantown, West Virginia)
Emille "DJ" Shannon (Belleville, Illinois)
Maththew Liberato (Florham Park, New Jersey)

I do not see anyone that might benefit Pitt. Does not look like WVU did so well in western PA anyhow.

2017 recruits:
Noah Adams (Coal City, W.Va./Independence)
Nick Kiussis (Brunswick, Ohio/Brunswick)
Brenden McRill (Davison, Mich./Davison)
Sean Mullican (Myersville, Md./Middletown)
Luke Sorboro (Rootstown, Ohio/Rootstown).

2018 recruits:
Jackson Henson (Morgantown, West Virginia)
Emille "DJ" Shannon (Belleville, Illinois)
Maththew Liberato (Florham Park, New Jersey)

I do not see anyone that might benefit Pitt. Does not look like WVU did so well in western PA anyhow.
Noah Adams is a stud. But he is West Virginia guy born and bred. He didn’t even like Henson but went anyway. He would help us big time, but he won’t come. We tried once.

This isn't good for Pitt. First name that came to mind was Kolat, but he may be too much like Henson. I think Pritzlaff would be a good hire, or maybe Jaggers. I think Hahn is staying at Cornell, but he would be good there too.

Add Scott Moore to the list of potential candidates.

Jessica Hahn? Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Flynn was hired.

Idk how things will turn out, but I think Kolat would have been harder to recruit against for us than Flynn.

Agreed. We already recruit against Flynn, it’s just at a different school now. I kinda see this as a step down for him though - Edinboro has a much better wrestling reputation.

I’d be interested to know if?there were talks with Kolat and how they went. He seems pretty content down with the Spittin’ Camels.

Agreed. We already recruit against Flynn, it’s just at a different school now. I kinda see this as a step down for him though - Edinboro has a much better wrestling reputation.

I’d be interested to know if?there were talks with Kolat and how they went. He seems pretty content down with the Spittin’ Camels.

Edinboro is is bad shape on many fronts, up to and including the schools very existence. Add in the fact that there is currently a women's volleyball coach suing because she is not paid like the other 3 tier 1 sports on campus (Flynn was the highest paid coach and one of the highest paid people on campus) it may have been a case of getting out while the getting was good.

Reactions: guyutethepig
Edinboro is is bad shape on many fronts, up to and including the schools very existence. Add in the fact that there is currently a women's volleyball coach suing because she is not paid like the other 3 tier 1 sports on campus (Flynn was the highest paid coach and one of the highest paid people on campus) it may have been a case of getting out while the getting was good.

Interesting - didn’t know about the volleyball coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT